• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Van Purchase

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Van Purchase

Thanks for that Amethyst, but I'll leave it to R0b now!!

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
      Thanks for that Amethyst, but I'll leave it to R0b now!!
      Feel free to revise anything I've suggested!
      If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      LEGAL DISCLAIMER
      Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by R0b View Post
        Had a quick look, and it looks fine generally but I've added a few comments and additional wording to bulk it out a little more. Up to you whether you want to include it or not.

I would also add suggest adding to the letter and make specific reference to the inclusion of any evidence i.e. the AA report (if any) also a proof of purchase. You could also add some additional wording to contact you for bank details for the refund.
        So incredibly helpful - thank you very much!

Comment

Hi,

I wanted to say a massive thank you to all of you. You have all been really helpful.

Thank you so much. I will let you know how we get on with this.

Comment

Hi everyone,

Well, again a massive thank you for your help ,especially to R0b.

The good news is, the garage replied and said to get the vehicle back to them and depending on what they discover, they would repair or give a full refund. The AA took the van there for him.

They sent an email update a few days after receipt and have said that the timing belt has not snapped and that they believe this to be a fuel problem - no fuel is getting to the engine. This wouldn't be the first time the AA have misdiagnosed one of our vehicles over the years., but I guess that's not easy at a roadside.

They have now had the vehicle for 8 days and I am wondering what is a reasonable amount of time to give them, before demanding a full refund?

Do you think 14 days is enough?

Thank you!

Emz.

Comment

In your letter you rejected the vehicle.

It then seems you accepted their offer of a repair.

I would suggest a letter to them setting a deadline for them to return the vehicle in a satisfactory condition (another few days), or else a refund in full.

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
                In your letter you rejected the vehicle.

It then seems you accepted their offer of a repair.

I would suggest a letter to them setting a deadline for them to return the vehicle in a satisfactory condition (another few days), or else a refund in full.

Hi des8,

Honestly, I think my poor son just wants to be able to conduct his work - which he cannot do at present.

The basis on which he rejected the vehicle was due to the timing belt etc. When the vehicle was inspected by the sellers garage, the timing belt was in tact. The AA had misdiagnosed.

I sent a letter with a deadline and they have already come back and said that if the vehicle is not repaired by Tuesday, they will give him a full refund.

Thank you again.

Emz.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X