• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help! Received a ccj from bw legal/lowells

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Received a ccj from bw legal/lowells

Hi there, my mum is mentally unwell of late and I am trying to help her with her finances. Today she has received a letter to say she apparently has a ccj from an old catalogue debt issued by bw legal. I have been through all of her paperwork and although I have found the ccj, she never received any claim forms, defence forms etc. She keeps every letter she gets and would certainly have panicked and come to me if she ever received piles of official documents.

She moved house about 2 years ago and the debt they are referring to is registered at her old address, yet these recent letters have been sent to the current address.

The letter is stating that the ccj is in default but if she cannot afford the repayments set by the court then she can call to come to a different arrangement.

I'm not sure about the age of the debt but think it may be at the sb limit, I'll do some more research. In the meantime what should I do? Do I contact bw? The court?

Please help

Thanks in advance
    Tags: None

Re: Help! Received a ccj from bw legal/lowells

Have you had a look at her credit record? That would show how old the CCj is.

When you say the debt may be near the sb limit, do you mean it is just over 6 years now? or it would have been just over 6 when the CCJ happened?

What are the rest of her finances like , could you give a brief description?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X