• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

JustWhatINeed Vs Arrow Global / Shoosmiths

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: JustWhatINeed Vs Arrow Global / Shoosmiths

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
    ####
    Thankyou. I am off work today thankfully so i'll return to the post office again and get the CPR 14 sent off today now.

33 days i make that the 23rd of October.

Thanks again.

I'll try some research about part 18 question now.

Comment

Don't forget to obtain proof of posting.
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by JustWhatINeed View Post
        Thankyou. I am off work today thankfully so i'll return to the post office again and get the CPR 14 sent off today now.

33 days i make that the 23rd of October.

Thanks again.

I'll try some research about part 18 question now.
        PART 18 - FURTHER INFORMATION - Civil Procedure Rules

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/rules/part18

Comment

The CPR is in the post recorded delivery next day. Feeling better to have gotten something out to them so soon.

At which point would i be sending part 18? And is there a template of such.

Thanks again.

Comment

There are no templates for part 18 requests as they are fairly bespoke

I think the guidance posted above explains what you need to say or include

Comment

& the PD.
              https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pr...rt18/pd_part18
              CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

ok i'll put something together and post here to see if its ok.

When would this be sent ? ASAP?

Thanks.

Comment

Yep.

https://www.carruthers-law.co.uk/art...r-information/
                  CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                  Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Ok i'm gonna get to work on putting something together thanks for the link.

Can i just get something clarified , if i defend this, and lose, do i get 30 days to pay it in full and have it removed from my credit file or do i basically end up with bad credit history again?

Comment

28 days to pay

Comment

Hi
                        Rather than just charging headlong into a defence have you thought about at least talking to a solicitor . Some do an initial free of charge interview , I guess over the phone or in purpose. I know [MENTION=87380]Diana M[/MENTION] s firm does and I think [MENTION=551]pt2537[/MENTION] 's firm does as well .

There is also the option of settling at mediation should it get that far which might be a way of setting up a payment plan without a CCJ being recorded

Lots of options to explore

Comment

Originally posted by warwick65 View Post
                          Hi
                          Rather than just charging headlong into a defence have you thought about at least talking to a solicitor . Some do an initial free of charge interview , I guess over the phone or in purpose. I know @Diana M s firm does and I think @pt2537 's firm does as well .

There is also the option of settling at mediation should it get that far which might be a way of setting up a payment plan without a CCJ being recorded

Lots of options to explore
                          It all depends what the costs are for such advice.

My situation at the moment is after years of poor credit im in a position to get on the property ladder finally and have the deposit only just. This claim of 3000 at this moment in time is making life stressful and difficult , but having to pay the 3000 plus say, an addition 1000 on fees for solicitors will hurt even more.

I do know that i can do a lot of the initial leg work i guess to keep costs down should i feel i need help with the great advice i'm getting here.

The element of mediation sounds interesting but i wonder what their incentive is to mediate at this stage. Unless they feel they don't have the right paper work to get the ccj issued?

Thanks

Comment

Ok, from what i gather i send the part 18 request to the court.

Do i send this now or do i have to allow the cpr 14 to have been replied to?

And do i mention in the part 18 that i have already issued the claimants representative with a cpr?

This is what i put together, i'm hoping its something like?

And i understand it can be emailed to the court?

COUNTY COURT BUSINESS CENTRE
                            Claim Number:

THIS IS A PART 18 REQUEST FOR FURTHER INFORMATION
                            This is a request for further information under Part 18 civil procedure rules.
                            I, the defendant, blah blah , am requesting further information from the claimant and/ or their legal representative SHOOSMITHS LLP.
                            To enable me to file my defense and/or counterclaim, I require inspection of the documents mentioned in the claim issued by the above claimants representative ahead of filing my defense on 23/10/2017.

1. Particulars of Claim
                            2. Notice Of Assignment
                            3. Deed
                            4. Overdraft Agreement

I, as Defendant, am entitled to see the documents on which the Claimant relies and which they must produce at trial. Disclosure at this stage will enable me to fully plead my case and further the Overriding Objective.

Please ensure the documents i am entitled to are received by me no later than 7 days from which this letter arrives.

Yours Sincerely,

Blah Blah

Comment

And should i remove the bit about costs?

Comment

Hi
                                You asked about how much a solicitor costs , well I am not sure but the initial consultation is free.

lets look at it in perspective - if you get the defence wrong and need to amend it that may cost you £255

As for the part 18 - well that is for additional /further info. What you have typed up is basically a cpr 31.14 request . I am not even sure you can use a part 18 request in that way.

As for the consent or Tomlin order - it is part of the process and agreed top when you fill out your DQ. It saves the courts time and costs and is a guaranteed way of the claimant getting paid with the option of getting a ccj if you miss a payment and for you it is a way of settling without getting a ccj so if your defence looks dodgy it may be a win win.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X