• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN 48(j) Stopped in a restricted area outside a school...(camera enforcement)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCN 48(j) Stopped in a restricted area outside a school...(camera enforcement)

Hello all,
    I have received today a PCN 48(j) from Barnet Council in St John's Grove NW4 for stopping in a restricted area. They provided photos, a link to a video and posted by mail the PCN letter. I am supposed to pay £130 and £65 if it is within 14 days.
    The situation here is that I was WAITING for other cars to move and to free the road, the video shows a 28 seconds stop where I moved at second 2, second 19 and finally left at second 20. I wonder if there is way I can appeal this unfair ticket.
    Please help me, for some reason I have been receiving tickets all this year and luckily have been to show evidence in my favour, but this time I just don't know what to do.

Thank you so much.
    Sajama
    Tags: None

Re: PCN 48(j) Stopped in a restricted area outside a school...(camera enforcement)

Here's a Barnet case that sounds to be similar circumstances, which Barnet took all the way to adjudication....and lost

Case No: 2170187227

The Appellant says she was stopped while waiting for oncoming traffic to pass and therefore was in effect in the course of traffic and not stopped for the purpose of this contravention.

In the cctv footgae no one is seen getting in or out of the vehicle and therefore there was no apparent reason for the vehicle to stop on the zig zag lines. There are no other vehicles seen coming towards the vehicle, but the camera concentrates on close up of the vehicle and ends after some seconds before the vehicle moves off. The footage is not inconsistent with the Appellant’s claim and given that there appears to be no other reason why the vehicle is stopped I accept that it was in the course of traffic.

Comment

Re: PCN 48(j) Stopped in a restricted area outside a school...(camera enforcement)

Thank you so much Michael for your reply. My case is almost exactly the same, with the difference that I had to wait at the opposite lane, and the video shows there was more space in my own lane that the one I chose to wait. I waited there to avoid to create more traffic, to help cars to leave quickly the place and to allow a pedestrian to cross the street, but I have no evidence unfortunately. I enter at second 2, moved slightly at second 19 and left at second 20. I am worried because I am not in my own lane and I don't know how to defend this. Thank you so much again.

Comment

Your narrative isn't really that clear. A picture is beter than a 1000 words.

To that end you need to post the video so we can see the exact circumstances and can advise whether you have a good case.

Failing that, assuming you are comfortable with it, post your reg no. and pcn no. so we can look at the video on Barnet's website.

Comment

Originally posted by michael View Post
          Your narrative isn't really that clear. A picture is beter than a 1000 words.

To that end you need to post the video so we can see the exact circumstances and can advise whether you have a good case.

Failing that, assuming you are comfortable with it, post your reg no. and pcn no. so we can look at the video on Barnet's website.
          Thank you Michael
          Reg = LP13JXX
          PCN= AG89804153

Comment

Ok. If you take the video in isolation, then on the face of it, you are bang to rights. However what the video doesn't show is the on-coming traffic in front of you.

Here is Streetview from the other direction:
            https://goo.gl/maps/jxQZ2DDSHCS2

which shows parked cars on both sides of the road for a long distance, which would almost certainly be the case at 3.20pm ie school departure time.

I would appeal on the grounds that the contravention did not occur.

You only stopped while waiting for oncoming traffic to pass and therefore was in effect in the course of traffic and not stopped for the purpose of this contravention.

In the cctv footage no one is seen getting in or out of the vehicle and the only reason you had stopped was because there were cars parked on both sides of the road ahead of you and there was an on-coming vehicle.

As can be seen in the council's video, the moment the on-coming vehicle passes, your car moves off.

Comment

I lost this one! Just got a letter from the council rejecting the reason of my appeal and giving me some time to pay at the 50% discount rate, which was then £65, I just paid it, nothing to do

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X