• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**DISMISSED** Pra group lifted the court stay i defended on money claim on line

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pra group lifted the court stay i defended on money claim on line

so who do i send the SAR to,.... Is it MBNA,, Experto Varde,, Pra Group,, or Aktiv Kapital and when ?

Comment

Originally posted by Darren104 View Post
      I have only just been notified this week, as well of being send the DQ. Should i complete this DQ and return it back to court. The court say i have to do this by 6th October.
      Okay, you've only just heard what you see as 'bad news'.

You thought this claim claim was dead and buried and now it's raised its ugly head (to quote you).

You have until 6th October to file your DQ presumably at NCCBC or has it been transferred to your local county court? Possibly not from the way you describe things.

I get the impression from what you've now told me that the Claimant asked the court to deal with their Application to lift the stay without a hearing. The court appears to have granted their wish. So it's not an Application for a Summary Judgment.

I don't know the full facts but my firm may (may not) have objected on the basis that "oops we didn't do what we had to do in accordance with legal procedure because someone left the business" is not necessarily a good reason.

However from what you say PRA have used the time lapse to produce documentation despite saying that they didn't realise the claim was stayed.

There's no post at this time of night nor tomorrow (Sunday) so don't rush to send a CPR 31.14 Request without giving consideration to the usefulness of Part 18 questions or perhaps both.

The SAR goes to MBNA.

Di

Comment

WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY....."Request without giving consideration to the usefulness of Part 18 questions or perhaps both."

aLso what is mbna address and will they still have my details and information

Attached Files

Comment

I have had to upload some of these court papers because its all getting confusing of what i should do next
          Attached Files

Comment

y MBNA Limited. Registered Office: Stansfield House, Chester Business Park, Chester CH4 9QQ.

Comment

what is mbna address and will they still have my details and information
              Have you moved address since the MBNA account was assigned to Varde ?

MBNA may ask you to provide evidence of your current address for DPA reasons.

Di

Comment

Yes i have changed address a few times since the credit card was issued so i will tell them. Am i just asking for all the information they hold of me quoting the credit account number etc

Comment

yes all

Comment

Have you looked at the documents ive uploaded and have i gotta complete the DQ. The form asks what court i would like the case to be heard.
                    Obviously Dudley where i live

Comment

We ask for this information under CPR 31.14
                      Shouldn't the CPR 31.14 be sent as soon as possible after having received the court claim and after having acknowledged receipt through the MoneyclaimOnline service. It is not applicable after the case has been allocated to a track (small claims/fast/multi track).
                      My case is about to go to small claims track .

Comment

We ask for this information under CPR 31.14
                        Shouldn't the CPR 31.14 be sent as soon as possible after having received the court claim and after having acknowledged receipt through the MoneyclaimOnline service. It is not applicable after the case has been allocated to a track (small claims/fast/multi track).
                        My case is about to go to small claims track .
                        Your claim has not yet been allocated to any track.

Di
                        Last edited by Diana M; 23rd September 2017, 22:28:PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Have you looked at the documents ive uploaded and have i gotta complete the DQ. The form asks what court i would like the case to be heard.
                          Obviously Dudley where i live
                          Yes I have looked at your redacted documents.

Yes you must complete and file the DQ by the deadline given by the court which you say is 6th October.

If Dudley county court is your local court then you have the right (as the Defendant) to nominate that court.

Di

Comment

I have just looked all though the paperwork that Pra sent me and it looks like they have previously written to MBNA themselves and obtained it from there and sent it on to me.

I have got The copy of the credit agreement, the bank MBNA statements of my payments, computerized communications from when accounts was opened 27/03/2006 until it was sold to Experto Credite 27/07/2009.
                            They also sent a copy of a letter
                            Expert Credite sold the account onto Aktiv Kapital on 26/04/2012.
                            Aktiv Kapital sold the debt onto Pra Group 31/12/2014, which i was never notified of and assumed Aktiv Kapital still held the account, which i believed was still unenforceable as they never produced the Credit Agreement or Deed of Assignment at the time i requested it in 2013.

Experto Credite went into liquidation in 2016.

Last edited by Darren104; 24th September 2017, 12:46:PM.

Comment

Cpr 31.14 what information should i ask pra group for?

Hello all,

i would like advice of the uploaded pra group claim.

What documents are actually mentioned in the particulars of this claim that i should ask for
                              with regard to sending a cpr 31.14.

Thank you.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Re: Cpr 31.14 what information should i ask pra group for?

Not much there re actual documents mentioned.
                                The agreement....that would include the terms & conditions plus any ancillary agreements if any (eg PPI).
                                Notices of Assignment.....I would also request the Deeds of Assignment.

It is documents not listed which may be key.
                                Default Notice?
                                & are they listing all of the assignments?
                                You can request disclosure of evidence in other ways than just CPR 31.14.
                                CPR 12 can be used for specific disclosure.
                                CPR 18 can be used.

Or just simply write to the Claimant's solicitor (head it 'Required Disclosure of Evidence') & ask for it.
                                They are under a continuing duty to disclose, even if harmful to their case. Bear in mind that the watchword is 'proportionality'...you shouldn't ask for 'everything including the kitchen sink' in the hope that something may turn up.

All correspondence, keep copies & get proof of posting.
                                CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                                Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                                gets his brain a-going.
                                Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                                The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X