• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Claim form received from for parking ticket 3 years ago!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Claim form received from for parking ticket 3 years ago!

Could you type that bit verbatim?
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

To pay the Landlord or Agent the cost of any repairs of any mechanical or electrical appliances belonging to the Landlord arising from misuse or negligence by the Tenant, his family or his visitors.

To replace promptly any broken glass with the same quality glass where the breakage was due to the negligence of the Tenant, his family or his visitors.

10.17 To take all reasonable precautions to prevent infestation of the Premises and to pay for the eradication of any infestation caused by the negligence of the Tenant, his family or visitors.

26 Other Repairs
      26.1 To keep in repair and proper working order, within a reasonable period of time, all mechanical and electrical items belonging to the Landlord and forming part of the Fixtures and Fittings, unless the lack of repair is due to the negligence or misuse of the Tenant, his family or visitors.

34 Removal of Goods
      34.1 The Tenant will be responsible for meeting all reasonable removal and/or storage charges for Small Items, that are left at the Premises by the Tenant, or the Tenant’s guests or visitors, after the end of this agreement. For the purposes of this clause, Small Items are defined as those that which can be easily moved and stored by one person, without the use of moving equipment.

36. Interruptions to the Tenancy
      36.1 If the Premises are destroyed or made uninhabitable by fire, or any other unforeseeable risk, rent will cease to be payable until the premises are reinstated and rendered habitable, unless the premises are rendered uninhabitable by anything (whether in whole or in part) done or not done by the Tenant, his family or visitors.

Comment

Unless the resident has agreed in writing to vary the tenancy agreement (either personally or consented via a resident's assn or similar) it would seem that they have an unfettered right to park on the demised premises.
        This right can be derogated to include visitors.
        http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co...enant-can.html
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Hi R0b,

I've drafted my defence still some work to do but I hope I'm going on the right direction. The date on the claim form is 15th August 2017. Please let me know what you think of my defence draft.

Thanks
          Attached Files

Comment

The date on the claim form is 15th August 2017.
            September?
            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

In the paragraph sub-headed 'Signage' you come perilously close to ID'ing yourself as the person driving the vehicle at the time.
              If it were me I'd change the words 'I have...' to 'The driver has no contractual relationship....'.

In the bit sub-headed 'Legal Right' you mention a tenancy agreement but imho you don't do enough to highlight your argument.
              The driver was visiting a resident.
              Resident's right for quiet enjoyment.
              Resident has not consented for the parking regime.
              The right can be used to cover visitors.
              Last edited by charitynjw; 12th October 2017, 01:06:AM.
              CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                September?
                Sorry yes 15th September.

Comment

Hi charitynjw,

ive just received an email from gladstones after I submitted my defence. They are asking for a paper hearing? And no mediation?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                  See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                  X