• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Co-op - Smile Credit Card

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Co-op - Smile Credit Card

Thanks Curly. Wish we did not have so many to look at, but oh ho hum.

I've drafted the following letter in response to the above attached. Please could someone check it?

Judith Burgess
    Senior Customer Feed back Officer
    Debt Management
    Smile, The Cooperative Bank
    PO Box 101
    1 Balloon Street
    Manchester
    M60 4EP

Dear Judith Burgess

ACCOUNT NUMBER:

I write further to my CCA request, SAR request and dispute letters of August 2008 which you are in receipt of and your letter of 10th September 2008, whereby you ask me to confirm the data required.

Our SAR letters for both the above accounts were very clear and indeed, I am puzzled as to why you are querying what information we require. The letters requested any (and we require ALL) data held by your organisation for the complete term of the accounts. Additionally this should include any manual intervention and or notes that may have been made, such as emails, notes, telephone calls, etc etc.

Yours lovingly

Birdie

Comment

Mate, after the amount of CCA I've seen it doesn't take much to recognise the pointers and know whether they are compliant or not

Try this for your response instead:

Account In Dispute

Dear Blah
      Account Number: xxxxxxxx

Thank you for your letter of **DATE**, and taking the time to write back to me with regards to this issue. I appreciate the effort that you have spent on this outstanding dispute.

Our SAR letters for both the above accounts were very clear and indeed, I am puzzled as to why you are querying what information we require.

For clarity I wish
      to request copies of all the appropriate documentation supporting the various elements of these accounts.

This should include, but not limited to,

• copies of original agreements
      • statement of transactions
      • information concerning any manual intervention
      • Any telephone conversation transcripts and logs
      • any other supporting notes and documentation.

This is not an exhaustive list, but an indication of the data I require and expect.

Please consider this a request under section 7 of the Data Protection Act 1998

Thank you in advance for your continued assistance with this matter.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

Yours sincerely,

Blah

Comment

Curly, you're an darling. Thank you so much. xxxxx:grouphug::bump2:

Comment

Hi,

I sent CurlyBen's letter as suggested on Post 17 on 26th September, but have not received a reply to the SAR

So, this is one of the responses to my letters sent to Smile in August. Note, they acknowledge the "Dispute letters" that I sent (we have a bank account too).

To date, I have not received any further responses from Smile in relation to the Disputes.

CCA below too:
          Last edited by Birdie; 19th December 2008, 14:51:PM.

Comment

Oooooo Paper plane time

Comment

Thanks CB.

These are the 3 letters that I have received to date from Frederickson International Ltd and Bryan Carter Solicitors:

Comment

WoW they're pretty aren't they.

Yes chase your SAR as the balance could do with reduction

Comment

Gosh aren't they lovely. Will come in useful if you need to make paper chains for Crimbo.:santa_cheesy:

Isn't it uncanny the way that Bryan and Fred have exactly the same info, and very similar crappy stationery, and live in the same town. They could almost be the same person.......

Oh yeah, and they talk the same kind of drivel too........
                  Is no longer here

Comment

Originally posted by WendyB View Post
                    Gosh aren't they lovely. Will come in useful if you need to make paper chains for Crimbo.:santa_cheesy:

Isn't it uncanny the way that Bryan and Fred have exactly the same info, and very similar crappy stationery, and live in the same town. They could almost be the same person.......

Oh yeah, and they talk the same kind of drivel too........

I'd not even noticed about the same town! Yes, they could almost be the same person. :hohoho:

Comment

Received this letter this morning:

Tis becoming quite a little game now.

I've responded with one of Curly's famous "bemused" letters to the solicitor Doubt they'll go away though. I expect it will the the "solicitor's" turn next to send a letter.

LOL!

Comment

Ooooh nice preety letter from Fred's there.

Comment

Just an update on this thread -

Received these two letters recently:

Will sit back and wait to see what Smile produce!

Comment

Originally posted by Curlyben View Post
                            I see NO ships or prescribed terms
                            Actually I lie there is ONE and I bet it's lonely.

When will they learn. You'll soon start to notice a trend here.....
                            I've had the SAR response recently, not too many charges here, probably works out about £200 ish.

Am I right in thinking if it is unenforceable (see post 14 and 15) then I cannot claim back any charges - ie I have to decide whether to go for unenforceability or charges, but not both? How does unenforceability usually pan out - ie what happens here, do they try to take me to court to try to enforce it?

Just trying to understand this from all angles.

Cheers

Comment

Hi

Nothing on this one for months until today!

Please see attached letter from Moorcroft dated 16th December, received today.

They say their letter is notice of intended litigation.

Not really too sure how to play this one at all, or indeed what to reply?

Kind regards,

Comment

AS ever a typical Moorcrap nastygram

Ignore for now and see if they can be bothered to write again..

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X