• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

HPI Clear car turns out to be CAT D - HELP!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HPI Clear car turns out to be CAT D - HELP!!!

Hello, all,

Back again.

So I bought a car in October 2016 where the dealer provided an HPI check showing it to be HPI clear against insurance write-off.

I've recently had some work done to the car as a nice lady decided to park her Fiat 500 in my boot! On picking it up from Audi they mentioned that the car has had substantial repairs and not good ones at that. So on mentioning that there was a substantial amount of finance on the car they advised to speak to my lender.

The lender has now done a detailed HPI check which is showing a CAT D write-off has been logged before I bought the car and the Insurer decided not to repair. My lender has told me to contact the dealer but they won't return my calls (Tried in the past as we fell out over electrical issues when i first bought the car). They are now saying they don't know if they can support a claim against them.

Where do i stand?

The car was sold to me with the dealer's letterhead papers showing HPI Clear on EVERYTHING but an HPI check that has been run since shows a CAT D Write off, plus the repairs are apparently terrible with one of the rear safety beams being very close to not being legal.

Do I have a case? How do I approach it?

I know CAT D doesn't affect the price too much but it still leaves me with a considerable gap of what is owed on the car and the value of the car now I know it's a CAT D and I've been completely miss sold.

What should I do?
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X