• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

VT - BCA Inspection and unsatisfactory repairs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VT - BCA Inspection and unsatisfactory repairs

Hi,

I've had an inspection done tueadaywhich BCA flagged a few issues with a repair done.

They have quoted a price for this on the spot of about 400 pounds.

I've paid previously for work yo be done and that repairer has offered to resolve, when i said id just like to negoiate on price they said it wasn't going to cost that much and is relatively easy to sort based on what the BCA said.

This is frustrating because if it was easy enough then it would had been sorted first time!

I have collection booked for Friday which leaves me in a quandary. I will have no way of knowing if the repairs are satisfactory other than a reschedule and reinspection which is rather not do.

So I could get his work rectified still find out VWFS say it's not satisfactory (they will be in a more powerful position then) and still charge me.

Or could I get work rectified and negotiate down the price? the repairer said bad costs were not valid etc

I'm also a tad over mileage so could I negotiate down on price here?

It's the difference of a few hundred pounds here but my feeling is that this is how the whole process works and it's a big game of haggling?
    Tags: None

Re: VT - BCA Inspection and unsatisfactory repairs

Hello,

This is a common issue between hirers and lenders. Your obligation is to take reasonable care of the goods and if the costs of putting any damage right puts the vehicle in a better condition, then that imposes a higher duty than what the CCA says you are liable for. What lenders should be doing is calculating the difference between what the market value of the vehicle is now and the market value of a car in a reasonable condition and you pay the difference. Sometimes that difference can be huge or small so it can sometimes pay to negotiate any alleged defects and be done with it. Or out of principle you can refuse to pay if you honestly believe the car is in a reasonable condition, bearing in mind that auction companies like Manheim and BCA apply the BVRLA standard which in my view is much higher than the reasonable standard under the CCA.

VWFS might negotiate on the damages if you can supply evidence, but I doubt they will budge on the excess mileage.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by R0b View Post
      Hello,

This is a common issue between hirers and lenders. Your obligation is to take reasonable care of the goods and if the costs of putting any damage right puts the vehicle in a better condition, then that imposes a higher duty than what the CCA says you are liable for. What lenders should be doing is calculating the difference between what the market value of the vehicle is now and the market value of a car in a reasonable condition and you pay the difference. Sometimes that difference can be huge or small so it can sometimes pay to negotiate any alleged defects and be done with it. Or out of principle you can refuse to pay if you honestly believe the car is in a reasonable condition, bearing in mind that auction companies like Manheim and BCA apply the BVRLA standard which in my view is much higher than the reasonable standard under the CCA.

VWFS might negotiate on the damages if you can supply evidence, but I doubt they will budge on the excess mileage.
      Thanks [MENTION=71570]R0b[/MENTION]

I think i'll go and get the mistakes corrected and then take pictures for a challenge with Audi.

BCA apparently inspect the car on collection however that is not done to the same level as first inspection (BVLRA standard).

Comment

Ok, so the expected has happened.

I've received an invoice for repairs (no breakdown but it's exactly what i was invoiced by the BCA) at about 400 pounds.

I've just logged a complaint on this as after the inspection I went back to get the the reported repairs corrected.

My only issue is the repairer was a smart repairer and not approved.

So, where does this now leave me? Do i stand any chance here with VWFS in either removing the charge or reducing it.

Do i challenge the original body shop?

Help!

Comment

I range Audi Finance to raise a complaint and was told I would be contacted within 72 hours to discuss the matter.

Audi finance have sent me a letter stating;

"Further to our recent communication, we consider the concerns you have raised as resolved".

It then says should we not be able to resolve the complaint to your satisfaction i can refer to the FOS which would lead me to believe it certainly isn't resolved in my favor!

So Audi say the complaints resolved without talking to me to discuss the outcome? OR would this mean the complaints resolved and no further charges apply.

This is very sneaky wording.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X