• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

statute barred

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• statute barred

Question If an Ancient Mortgage Shortfall caused by repossession is sold on to DCA Debt Purchaser, and the original creditor ie; the Mortgage Company was a member of the CMA who agreed not to chase down Shortfalls after 6 years will this agreement apply,to the debt purchaser,after all he purchased the debt with all the agreements attatched????

Any ideas please
    Tags: None

Re: statute barred

Originally posted by undine View Post
    Question If an Ancient Mortgage Shortfall caused by repossession is sold on to DCA Debt Purchaser, and the original creditor ie; the Mortgage Company was a member of the CMA who agreed not to chase down Shortfalls after 6 years will this agreement apply,to the debt purchaser,after all he purchased the debt with all the agreements attatched????

Any ideas please
    Good morning,

There has been much discussion on this over the years, mixed opinions for and against a debt purchaser " inheriting" a CMA's member's undertaking. My feeling is yes the purchaser should keep to the promise of not chasing shortfalls.
    Others may have different opinion!

nem

Comment

Thank you for the reply, I will certainly use this as a reply to the current debt owners

thanks

Comment

I will certainly use this as a reply to the current debt owners
        Is this hypothetical question in relation to your other thread about a debt (mortgage shortfall) purchased by Arrow Global being chased by Shoosmiths solicitors?

If so then I think you need to look at all the issues before you write to Shoosmiths solicitors unless you've received a Letter Before Claim from them (have you?).

How long ago was the property repossessed?

Was it a voluntary repossession (where you hand back the keys)? If so did you sign anything at the time stating that you would pay any shortfall?

Or was there a court claim for repossession which resulted in an Order?

Was it a sole or joint mortgage?

How much is the shortfall?

Who was the original lender (mortgage provider)?

Sorry for all the questions but it's important to know the facts before giving advice on your next step.

You're focusing on the 12 year timeline but you may also have other reasons to dispute the debt such as assignment issues - you may not, but it's worth exploring every avenue before you write to the solicitors.

Received a demand from Shoosmiths regarding a Mortgage Shortfall,I contacted them saying I do not recognise the debt and do not acknowledge the debt,they then wrote back stating they would ask their client Arrow Global for more information,now received a letter asking for my Income and Expenditure,which I will not supply.I feel in a very short space of time Shoosmiths are Harrassing me demanding information that they have NO legal right to ask for.On top of this there have been no letters of Assignment from any company
        Link > http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...l=1#post751619

Di

Comment

Diana M Hi, to answer your questions,this is in relation to Shoosmiths/Arrow Global.I have not received a letter before claim.

Repossessed 1987......It was a court claim by the Mortgage Company......It was a Joint Mortgage......Current Shortfall £5300.......The original provider Mortgage Corporation......transferred to Homeloans(8) who sold it to Phoenix Recoveries Official Letters of Assignment where supplie..I stopped paying shortfall in May 2009,because Phoenix where unable to supply detailed information on numerous charges,such as redecorating costs,solicitors costs and numerous other charges,which came to more than the Shortfall outstanding.AR UK who acted for Phoenix wrote and I have the letter stating that their client Phoenix no longer where going to pursue the shortfall.I have paid nothing since.Then 2 weeks ago approx Shoosmiths who say they are acting for Arrow Global asked for the amount £5300 to be paid.I told Shoosmiths I do not acknowledge the debt and asked them to prove that Arrow owned the debt as there is no letter of Assignment,between Phoenix and Arrow,I have managed to confirm that the Mortgage Corporation where members of the CMA so I feel the statute Barred 6 years comes into play.
          I trust this covers the situation
          REGARDS

Comment

[MENTION=87380]Diana M[/MENTION]; my post of the 20th September,what do you think is the best way forward??

regards

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X