• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mule Acounts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mule Acounts

In the Mule Accounts list the account

Barclays S Lascal 20-71-64 93276775
    appears.
    I strongly believe that this account was opened fraudulently using false documents. I am hoping the forum may be able to help me by providing some evidence.

Regards

Spyrites
    Tags: None

Re: Mule Acounts

I will ask [MENTION=7]Tools[/MENTION] to look in, he may have record of how that account came to our attention.

What's your specific interest in this particular account ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I like many others was conned into transferring money into that account, if I can prove that that account was opened fraudulently, I feel that I will have a good case against Barclays for failing in their duty of care.

Comment

Difficult to prove it was opened fraudulently the bank wont help much?

Comment

Just looking up when the bank were first aware it was a fraudulent account. If that works out before you paid in to the account your case is stronger.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

That's quite an old one (Neale ?), looks like it was reported before we got involved in any of these case, so pre-2013 - possibly May/June 2012 and possibly was reported in April although we can't verify that ( yet ). When did you make your payment into the account ? and what's your current situation dealing with it through Barclays/your bank/Action Fraud etc?
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

The money was transferred on 10th July 2012 to the Barclays account.
              Neither my bank nor Barclays will give me any information regarding that account details.
              Barclays did offer me a pittance on condition I signed a waiver which I declined.
              So no further forward after 5 years.
              I'm led to believe that no arrests were made.

Comment

Oh gosh this is quite old now, how much did you lose?
                Are you in contact with anyone else at all ? I know Buster Jack has had some successes assisting victims of these scams get a better offer back from Barclays and co. He also might be able to trace Jake Depake who I think made the original report of the frauduelnt activity on that account ( I believe it was picked up through 'shilling' the scammer to get account details off them) Early 2012 the reporting system wasn't very good and the banks were still playing silly buggers in refusing to accept/investigate fraud reports coming from non-parties. It's been on the list of scam accounts since May 2012 so it may have been reported pre July 2012 and if you can evidence that the bank were aware the account was being used for scams and did not act you should have a better case for obtaining your money.
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                  Just looking up when the bank were first aware it was a fraudulent account. If that works out before you paid in to the account your case is stronger.
                  This is correct. Prior awareness is serious banking negligence.
                  Sadly I am no longer in contact with Jake Depake - wish I was - but it's possible that the account in question was reported as one being used for fraud BEFORE some victims later paid into it. If I can have the evidence of the intelligence, usually the emails with bank details and dates, I can raise a complaint and/or take the bank to court.
                  I have other victims who would very much appreciate it if Jake Depake could come forwards. I stopped using him as an intermediary about two years ago, but I would very much like to hear from him now. It would change the lives of some people I know.

Comment

Oh gosh this is quite old now, how much did you lose?
                    I lost £4500 I contacted Barclays that day they said it would have to reported by the police, by that time I would guess it was too late anyway.
                    I have been in touch with my own bank Lloyds and Barclays since both unhelpful, Action Fraud, I complained to the chief Constable and also to Dame Vera Baird police and Crime Commissioner all to no avail.
                    Do you think "Tools" may have some evidence about the date, how can I contact him?

Comment

Sadly it's not an uncommon experience.

I'll try get him to come on and hopefully give you some pointers when he gets home from work ( he's my other half ) xx He might know how to contact the person that did make the report originally ( only guessing Jake, might have been someone else, and might be the person who took the complaint has a record - though that'd be tougher to get round)

Can you do a little timeline for me.

Date & time bank transfer made
                      Date & time you contacted Lloyds
                      Date & time you contacted Barclays
                      and so on

Anything in writing at all ?

If we can get any historicals they'd be able to tell what time the money was removed from the account. The problem with that account is it was used for quite a few payments in, so the bank might have took what was left when they finally shut it down, and divided it between payees/complainants.
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by JackBuster View Post
                        This is correct. Prior awareness is serious banking negligence.
                        Sadly I am no longer in contact with Jake Depake - wish I was - but it's possible that the account in question was reported as one being used for fraud BEFORE some victims later paid into it. If I can have the evidence of the intelligence, usually the emails with bank details and dates, I can raise a complaint and/or take the bank to court.
                        I have other victims who would very much appreciate it if Jake Depake could come forwards. I stopped using him as an intermediary about two years ago, but I would very much like to hear from him now. It would change the lives of some people I know.
                        Hi Buster, didn't see your post there Good to see you xxx
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Sadly it's not an uncommon experience.

I'll try get him to come on and hopefully give you some pointers when he gets home from work ( he's my other half ) xx He might know how to contact the person that did make the report originally ( only guessing Jake, might have been someone else, and might be the person who took the complaint has a record - though that'd be tougher to get round)

Can you do a little timeline for me.

Date & time bank transfer made
                          Date & time you contacted Lloyds
                          Date & time you contacted Barclays
                          and so on

Anything in writing at all ?

If we can get any historical s they'd be able to tell what time the money was removed from the account. The problem with that account is it was used for quite a few payments in, so the bank might have took what was left when they finally shut it down, and divided it between payees/complainants.
                          I don't have anything in writing it was done by telephone and a personal visit to Lloyds to speak to the manager the following day.
                          The money was transferred from Lloyd's to Barclays on the 10th July in the morning.

Comment

So you visited Lloyds on the 11th ?
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

So you visited Lloyds on the 11th ?
                              To the best of my knowledge.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X