• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mule Acounts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mule Acounts

I lost touch with Jake some time ago.

I have no further info on the date that account was reported as a mule I'm afraid. That account was first reported on Scamwarners here https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/vi...p?f=6&p=112956 and featured on EbayScamHunters' blog here http://ebayscamhunter.blogspot.co.uk...ccounts_1.html
    [MENTION=102991]JackBuster[/MENTION] your recollection of events is incorrect. I never "warned anyone you were a fraudster" and do not think you are. I only personally disapproved of you charging to help people and refusing to openly share your methods of assisting, you took offence at that as is your right.
    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Thank you, . Amethyst said "It's been on the list of scam accounts since May 2012" Is there any documentation to support this web page with a date that precedes July 2012?

Comment

I've asked one of my contacts at Barclays to look into the account to see if I can get more info, no promises though and not sure if it will shed any further light
        Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

Comment

Thank you, I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Comment

Details coming back as "invalid" from my contact at Barclays, this is probably because it was closed so long ago. Sorry I can't give you more info.

On a related note, this in the last few days from the NCA

Crime group used corrupt banking insider to launder £16million

19 September 2017
            Five men have admitted being part of a network responsible for laundering at least £16 million stolen by international cyber criminals, following an investigation by the National Crime Agency.
            Iurie Mereacre, a 37-year-old Moldovan national, ran the money laundering service from his home in Woodford Green, London, along with his associates, brothers Iurie Bivol (36) and Serghei Bivol (31), and Ryingota Gincota (28).
            Over a three year period, the group set up and controlled around 400 bank accounts in a conspiracy which involved receiving stolen funds into one account, then dispersing it in smaller amounts to a number of other accounts. This process would be repeated several times to disguise the source of the money before it was transferred back to cyber criminals in Eastern Europe.
            Nilesh Sheth, 53, a personal banking manager at Barclays, was instrumental in the opening of a large number of these accounts, known as ‘mule’ accounts, using false ID and address documents.
            Prior to their arrests on 3 November 2016, the group was under surveillance by the NCA and was seen meeting with Sheth on numerous occasions at the bank, and in public places including restaurants and car parks.
            On the day of the arrests, NCA officers recovered multiple mobile phones, financial ledgers, and 70 ‘mule’ packs from Mereacre’s flat. The ‘mule’ packs contained ID and banking documents, bank cards and security information that enabled the group to access the accounts.
            Officers also seized a hand-written step-by-step guide to money laundering, which contained instructions on how to move money to accounts at various banks and notes on which accounts had been blocked by bank security.
            In a search of Sheth’s house in Redwoods Close, Buckhurst Hill, officers recovered over £16,000 in cash and nine mobile phones hidden in various places around the house, including under the kitchen sink and tucked behind the sofa cushions.
            A number of the phones had been used to communicate with Mereacre and contained text messages sent between the pair, organising meetings and payment.
            On 15 June 2017 at the Old Bailey Mereacre, Sheth and both Bivol brothers pleaded guilty to their roles in the conspiracy. Gincota opted to go to trial but later pleaded guilty to fraud offences on 19 September 2017.
            Barclays worked closely with the case team on this investigation which continues to be supported by the UK financial and payments sector.
            Mike Hulett, head of Operations at the NCA’s National Cyber Crime Unit, said: “Criminals rely heavily on money launderers like Mereacre and his associates in order to access their profits.
            “Sheth abused his position of trust at the bank to knowingly open sham accounts for the network, providing a vital service which enabled them to launder £16 million worth of stolen cash.
            “We have had tremendous support from colleagues across law enforcement and the banking industry to shut down this money laundering network, causing serious disruption to the organised cyber criminals who used their services.”
            Rose-Marie Franton, from the CPS International Justice and Organised Crime Division, said: “These men deliberately and persistently set about transferring millions of pounds of stolen money out of the UK to eastern Europe.
            “Working closely with NCA investigators, the CPS presented a strong case with the result that today all the defendants have admitted their guilt.
            “The evidence we gathered showed how Nilesh Sheth abused his position as a bank employee for personal gain by facilitating the laundering the criminal proceeds of an organised crime group both within the UK and across borders.”
            A Barclays spokesperson said: "This is a rare occasion where an individual deliberately exploited our systems. We have worked with and supported the NCA with this investigation and welcome the outcome of proceedings. Barclays will always support law enforcement in identifying criminal activity and bringing prosecutions."

Comment

Can you double check the sort code & account number please, from your own records not our list

Comment

Beneficiary: S. Lascal
                Bank Name: Barclays
                Account no: 93276775
                Sort Code: 20-71-64
                City: London

Comment

Crime group used corrupt banking insider to launder £16million

I wonder if there is any way of getting hold of this list of 400 accounts

I would think now that the manager was involved in this crime Barclays will now have to pay out millions.

Comment

Can you double check your bank statements for the account details, if copied from my list it may be wrong.

As for the 400 account details, it is highly unlikely the like of you & me will ever get to see those. I have contacts at the NCA but they wouldn't be able to share details with me.

Comment

Originally posted by Tools View Post
                      Can you double check your bank statements for the account details, if copied from my list it may be wrong.

As for the 400 account details, it is highly unlikely the like of you & me will ever get to see those. I have contacts at the NCA but they wouldn't be able to share details with me.

Double checked with Lloyd's this morning account details are as follows

July 10th 2012

Beneficiary: S. Lascal
                      Bank Name: Barclays
                      Account no: 93276775
                      Sort Code: 20-71-64
                      City: London Regent Street

With regard to the 400 mule accounts opened using false information I would have thought that this should be covered by the Freedom of Information Act notwithstanding Data Protection as it was a criminal act it is now in the public interest that this be disclosed perhaps a request to the Met Police under Freedom of Information Act may be fruitful.

Comment

Have gone back to my contact at Barclays to confirm the account details, will let you know if anything turns up.

As for the FOI request, it would have to be to the NCA not Met Police, give it a try you have nothing to lose. In the meantime I will ask a few people I know at the NCA and Met Police but I don't think they will be able to give me anything

Comment

Thank you

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X