• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Various debts and ccj for council tax

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Various debts and ccj for council tax

During 2016 I amounted many debts through pay day Ioan companies, amounting to around £5000. I never paid any instalments to any of them, and ignored all correspondence (I had separated from my wife the year before and went off the rails for a while). I also didn't pay council tax and owe £1000 for that.

I moved out in October 2016 and stayed with a friend for a while, and since June 2017 i have lived in a shared house.

I havent informed anyone of one of my new address at this shared house. My bank still has my ex-wife's address.

Recently she she received a letter from the baillifs addressed to me, regarding the council tax debt. We're on good terms and isn't bothered as I don't live there anymore, and won't speak to anyone who calls except to say I don't live there. I can return any future letters.

During my tenancy at my previous address I was sent letters indicating their intention to claim a ccj against me for the council tax.

What are the likely outcomes of my situation? They cannot contact me because they do not know where I live. I am in full time employment at the moment- would they find me through them somehow?

Unfortunatly I am a 'bury my head in the sand' kind of person, and I'm now concerned about possible implications of ignoring ccjs, especially for council tax. Would it be classed as ignoring a ccj if I'm not received correspondence currently, even though I received one in 2016?

Your responses will be greatly appreciated.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X