• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Voluntary termination if car is damaged.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voluntary termination if car is damaged.

Hi, I have a Ford focus ecoboost on HP finance and have just had the engine seize due to a coolant leak. This is a common fault on these engines and Ford have replaced thousands of them some under warranty and some not. Having contacted my local Ford dealer,they seem unwilling to help,leaving me to foot the bill for a replacement engine. I have paid 36 months of my 60 month agreement and am wondering what would happen if I voluntarily terminate my agreement. Obviously the car is undriveable,Can the finance company refuse to allow the termination and make me pay the remaining instalments? Or can they contact Ford and find some middle ground? Thanks.
    Tags: None

Re: Voluntary termination if car is damaged.

Why have they done some and not others? How do you know?

You got far longer to go for a VT than that, you will be looking figure wise i think at about the 45-50 mark.

Comment

Re: Voluntary termination if car is damaged.

Originally posted by beagleeason View Post
      Why have they done some and not others? How do you know?

You got far longer to go for a VT than that, you will be looking figure wise i think at about the 45-50 mark.
      Hi, when I spoke to them they said I could VT as I had paid enough. At first they were fine about the engine as the car just goes to auction anyway. When they went to double check with a supervisor,they came back and said No, The car must be driveable. I spoke online to someone in same position as me,same car same problem and her finance company agreed to vt if she paid a towing away fee of £60. I am awaiting word from Ford to see if they will replace the engine.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X