• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell v shirlthegirl's hubby

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell v shirlthegirl's hubby

Hi folks

You were all most helpful a couple of years ago and assisted me in defending an issue against Brian Carter / Lowell

So here we are with a few more grey hairs and now hubby has received a Claim form from Northampton.

We are doing the acknowledgement online and there is an option to contest jurisdiction. Can I just have confirmation that we do not need to do this please?

Cheers
    Tags: None

Re: Lowell v shirlthegirl's hubby

If you are in England or Wales no need to contest jurisdiction

Comment

Hi again, I seem to have landed the job of doing all the paperwork for this (it is that or wait for the fallout when the time runs out). Anyhoo, I am busy doing the letters for the 3114 and CCA. I have copies of the letters I sent out for my battle a couple of years ago and wondered if everything is still the same now? Also, there seem to be more things in his particulars of Claim so I will copy the bits that I didn't cover on my 3114 letter so not sure if I need to address them for his...

1. The agreement - sorted on this bit
      2. The default notice - also sorted.
      3. The Agreement was later assigned to the Claimant on 25/09/2014 and notice given to the Defendant. - Do I need to ask for proof of this?

Thank you in advance.

Comment

Hi

Yes, you want to see the Assignment Notice as if none exists they have no right to bring the claim.
        COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

What is the claim for (Credit card, bank acc/overdraft, mobile phone etc) & approx how much?
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
          gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hi, it is for a Capital One credit card - they are claiming £254.49 plus Court fee £25.00 and Legal representative costs of £50.00 making a total of £329.49

Comment

I would also ask for the deed of assignment. You won't get it but it puts them in notice come your defence you will be asking for it.

Comment

Is there some legalese I should quote when asking for a copy of the Assignment? I have the wording for the first two bits from my own paperwork a few years ago.

Comment

Have you sent a CCA s78 request to Lowells?

If not, do so asap.
                  CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                  Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Doing that right now, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by warwick65 View Post
                      I would also ask for the deed of assignment. You won't get it but it puts them in notice come your defence you will be asking for it.
                      How should I word that part of the request - somehow 'please send me a copy of the deed of assignment' doesn't look right following all the 'compliant with.....' bits in the other two points I have typed

Comment

CCA Request Letter

Comment

Thanks for the link I have done that one already, struggling with wording on the CPR 31.14 request for the deed of assignment

Comment

Could you post up (or type verbatim*) the Particulars of Claim?

(*One of these days someone will post just the word 'verbatim')
                            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                              Could you post up (or type verbatim*) the Particulars of Claim?

(*One of these days someone will post just the word 'verbatim')
                              Here you go....

1) The Defendant entered into a Consumer Credit Act 1974 regulated agreement with Capital one under account reference 4775965314294926 ('the Agreement').
                              2) The Defendant failed to maintain the required payments and a default notice was served and not complied with.
                              3) The Agreement was later assigned to the Claimant on 25/09/2014 and notice given to the defendant.
                              4) Despite repeated requests for payment, the sum of £235.64 remains due and outstanding.
                              And the Claimant claims
                              a) The said sum of £235.64
                              b) Interest pursuant to s69 County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% per annum from the date of assignment to the date of issue, accruing at a daily rate of £0.052, but limited to one year, being £18.85
                              c) Costs

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X