Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reston false claim to having obtained a CCJ

• Display

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Default Re: Reston false claim to having obtained a CCJ

They stated in the covering letter that they had sent a template default notice I can only presume that the reason the personal details are obscured is because they are not mine (I did take a photo of the DN, but I couldn't figure out how to attach it)

VIP Member

Mentions
    109 Post(s)

It might have been a suggestion. I made at the end of post #2.

It was a question as to why it was redacted, of course maybe if it was joint applicants it was one DN and they will quote DPA.

Sorry if I confused anything
    Any advice or opinions I offer are based on my experience dealing with personal debt as well as other life events.
    I have no formal legal training
    Any advice is offered without liability
    If in doubt take professional legal advice or contact the CAB

VIP Member

Mentions
    109 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pwt50 View Post
    They stated in the covering letter that they had sent a template default notice I can only presume that the reason the personal details are obscured is because they are not mine (I did take a photo of the DN, but I couldn't figure out how to attach it)
    If you email it to kati@legalbeagles.info with a link to the thread I am sure she will check it and post it up. @Kati
    Any advice or opinions I offer are based on my experience dealing with personal debt as well as other life events.
    I have no formal legal training
    Any advice is offered without liability
    If in doubt take professional legal advice or contact the CAB

Authorised Representative

Mentions
    769 Post(s)

I think you're focussing on the wrong issues.

The matter in hand is that your partner (2nd Defendant) is currently paying Restons solicitors and you need advice on whether that is a good thing or a bad thing and whether it will effect her chances of successfully defending her claim.

Whether a reconstituted DN is compliant or not is an issue which will become relevant later in the proceedings. I only raised the issue because you had been told by another poster that the Claimant didn't have to produce a DN to successfully prove their claim and I disagreed.

Right now I see it as a red herring.

How much is the claim and do you own your own home?

Di
    I am a Litigation Executive at Joanna Connolly Solicitors a firm which specializes in consumer credit.

This forumís site rules donít allow me to give advice by PM but if you need to contact me please email di@joannaconnollysolicitors.co.uk . Our initial advice is always free.

Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability. If you are unsure please seek formal legal guidance or contact your local citizens advice bureau at https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

The claim with costs is about 5k,the only reason the payment plan is in place is because Restons claimed they had a default judgment, once we realised that they had misled us I wrote asking for an explanation as to why they had accepted a payment arrangement when they knew, or should have known that they did not have the judgement of the court which they claimed, I allowed consented to the arrangement continuing to remain in honour whilst the matter was looked into, however they have failed to address the matter.
    We own our home, with a mortgage
    Last edited by Pwt50; 16th September 2017 at 19:31:PM. Reason: Missing information

Authorised Representative

Mentions
    769 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pwt50 View Post
    I allowed consented to the arrangement continuing to remain in honour whilst the matter was looked into, however they have failed to address the matter.
    We own our home, with a mortgage
    Do you mean you consented to a payment plan continuing on behalf of the 2nd Defendant (your partner)?

If you own your own home then you want to avoid a Charging Order if this goes wrong and they obtain a CCJ.

Don't be too soft on solicitors instructed by the other party since they'll not be acting in your best interests.

Di
    I am a Litigation Executive at Joanna Connolly Solicitors a firm which specializes in consumer credit.

This forumís site rules donít allow me to give advice by PM but if you need to contact me please email di@joannaconnollysolicitors.co.uk . Our initial advice is always free.

Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability. If you are unsure please seek formal legal guidance or contact your local citizens advice bureau at https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

I'm running both sides of the claim so to speak as my partner is not very good at this sort of thing(which is not to infer that I am) I was waiting for the response from Restons before stopping the payment agreement which now received I shall do.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12