• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MET Parking Charge Notice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MET Parking Charge Notice

Hello, I am new to this forum but really need some help. My nephew had an assessment for the Navy in Marsh Rd, Luton. I had never been to this part of Luton before. I dropped him off and noticed there was a MacDonalds just up the road. I arrived at approx 9:00am. As I was unsure quite how long he was going to be decided to wait at MacDonalds. I ate food there, ordered more coffee and drinks. Once my nephew had finished he came to MacDonalds where I ordered him a meal to celebrate getting to the next stage of the interview process. We left at about 11:20. I was shocked to receive the parking charge notice. Apparently signage was clear which I honestly can't say it was or wasn't because I wasn't looking for it but certainly didn't see it. I have never been to a MacDonalds that I am aware of that had any parking restrictions. The parking limit was 90 mins so quite clearly I overstayed that. But I genuinely did not see any notice and most certainly would never have stayed there for any length of time had I been aware of it. I live about 30 mins from Luton so have not been back to the MacDonads to check the signage. Please can you help as I can not afford to pay the £100 fine or the £50 if I pay by 19/9. It was a genuine error. Look forward to hearing from you. Many thanks
    Tags: None

Re: MET Parking Charge Notice

Hi Picksy,

If you still have the original Notice to Keeper, could you post it up? (Front & rear.....obscure any personal info, but leave dates visible).

Btw, sometimes if you contact the management of the McD's you visited, they can intercede for you.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Thank you Charitynjw,

Just before seeing your reply I had come across an article in the Daily Mail which also made the suggestion to contact McDonalds direct which I did. The manager of McDonalds was lovely. I emailed him my Parking Notice along with a receipt I had happened to keep. He replied back to say that my fine had been cancelled. Thankfully!! However, thank you so much for responding as had I not seen the article I would have done so based on your advice.

Thank you again.
      Picksy

Comment

Keep that email and parking ticket until you get the letter from Met confirming the cancellation. Not unknown for PPCs to ignore their principal or attempt to recover a nominal sum.

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
          Keep that email and parking ticket until you get the letter from Met confirming the cancellation. Not unknown for PPCs to ignore their principal or attempt to recover a nominal sum.
          Agreed.
          & if it were me I'd keep them safe for at least 6 years.
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
          gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X