• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell Solicitors Vs WENDY2215

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell Solicitors Vs WENDY2215

Hello all,

1. The defendant
      entered into a consumer credit act 1974 regulated agreement with
      shop direct under account number... the agreement.
      2. The
      defendant failed to maintain the required payments and a default
      notice was served and not complied with.
      3. The Agreement was
      later assigned to the claimant on the 15.03.2013 and notice given to
      the defendant.
      4. Despite repeated requests for payment the sum
      of £1,108.56 remains due and outstanding.
      a) The said sum of
      £1,108.56
      b) Interest pursuant to s69 county court act 1984 at
      the rate of 8% per annum from the date of assignment to the date of
      issue accruing at a daily rate of £0.243, but limited to one year ,
      being £88.68
      c) Costs

I have followed the
    guides found on here so far and had one reply from Lowell
    Solicitors.
    They state that they have requested the agreement,
    statement of account, and the default notice from the original
    creditor and will forward them on when possible.
    They have also
    said the Deed of assignment wont be sent as it is a confidential
    agreement between the client and the original creditor and contains
    information I am not entitled to see.
    They also noted I have
    acknowledged the claim but I must still file a response by 29th
    August 2017 (Clearly this date is wrong).
    They finish by saying
    action on my account has been suspended until the original creditor
    provides the requested documents.

I don' remember this debt or
    getting anything they say they have sent me. I have lived at my
    current address 10 years now and have never acknowledged this debt
    with anyone. I guess I just wait for the documents requested?

Thanks
    in advance for any advice.
    Tags: None

Re: Lowell Solicitors Vs WENDY2215

So what was the date of issue of the claim?

Comment

Sorry the date of issue was 24th August 2017

Comment

You have already acknowledged the claim, so now you have to ensure you put in your defence before the 26th Sept ( regardless of whether you hear back from the claimant or not ) If you have a read of the Example Defence you'll see there is a statute barred paragraph in there which you can use, along with the lack of documentation parts and amend as needed.

I'll move your thread the the court claim section of the forum.

So this is a Shop Direct account - so Very, Littlewoods, Isme etc catalogues.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi Amethyst, i think it was a Kays account years ago. Like i said around 10 years im guessing. Thanks for moving it to the correct section for me and for theadvice. I will read the example defences to get a idea. Should i do the letter straight away or wait to see if they send the requested documents? Thanks.

Comment

I'd wait till about the 20th before submitting your defence, just in case they pop up with compliant documents in between now and then xxx

Sorry just checking - you did acknowledge the claim didn't you ( either sending back the response pack bit or online at moneyclaim online ?)

Any questions on anything in the defence just shout. If this hasn't been paid or acknowledged for 10 years then it is likely to have been opened before the catalogue companies got their butts into gear with proper credit agreements - so fingers crossed they come up empty handed.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Yes i aknowledged the claim online. Thaks again for all the help, i wouldnt have a clue how to deal with this without you guys. X

Comment

Hi

As your defence is due on 26th , I really would wait until the 26th if possible or the 25th if you are unable to do it during the day .

The reason I suggest this is that these solicitors know all too well what the timelines are and are not beyond waiting until the last minute befoe posting out documents.

If you enter a defence early ( which is what i would naturally want to do) and they then send the documents they may argue that your defence is useless as you had the documents you are claiming not to have- does that make sense

From what you say you seem to think this is statute barred - it might be worth sending a Subject Access Request to SD - this will give you all the details. I know you say you have had no dealings but ten years is a long time to remember and you clearly did have some dealings with a catalogue

Better to have all your ducks in a row in my opinion

Comment

Hi all, just to update i filed my defence and it got aknowledged by the court. I have today had another letter from the court with a notice of proposed allocation to the small claims track and a Directions questionnaire.
                  It asks if i agree to mediation? Do i have to do this? Lowell have failed to provide any of the information i requested and i would just like the case thrown out if possible. Can this be done or should i agree to mediation?
                  Thanks in advance for any advice.
                  Wendy.

Comment

Any advice guys?

Comment

It's wise at this point to agree to mediation. You never know they might send you some docs

Comment

Ok thank you.

Comment

Hi again Wendy

Did you plead SB in your defence or did you say you may need to amend it should they produce documents?

Comment

I said i may need to defend it if the documents come forward as im unsure of any dates and have had nothing requested from the other party as yet.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                            X