• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Claim Form from Moriarty Law - Claimant Motormile Finance!!?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claim Form from Moriarty Law - Claimant Motormile Finance!!?

On the 1st of September I received a Court claim form from Moriarty Law - Claimant Motormile finance with regards to a Wageday advance loan from 02/01/2013? From what I understood that loan had been paid off and when I contacted Moriarty they had been sending me correspondence via email to an address I no longer use?

I spoke to Moriarty and explained this and they said they would put the account on hold and that they would request the particulars and just to disregard the claim form as the court will not pass judgement unless they instruct them to do so!......I do not feel comfortable doing this so just wanted some advice as of how to move forward. The date of the Claim for is 1st Sept so I am conscious that time is ticking as I have built my credit rating back up and do not wish to have a CCJ on my file. Obviously if I owe the money I will pay it but I am not sure that I actually do?

Can anyone help or advice please? Kind Regards
    Tags: None

Re: Claim Form from Moriarty Law - Claimant Motormile Finance!!?

Did you acknowledge the claim ? I would do that, just to be certain no default judgment gets ''accidentally'' filed. ( Should be details how to do that via moneyclaimonline on the claim form ) Just tick 'intend to defend in full' no need to go through the defence or type anything in. ( this needs doing today if possible as you have 14 days from service of the claim to acknowledge )

Then you can deal with Moriarty and find out what you need to find out before your defence is due in around 2nd October. ( Defence is due in 28 days from service IF you have acknowledged within 14 )

Trust your gut instinct here I think
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Okay once that has been done, how does your credit file look ? Does this amount show up on there from Motormile/Wageday ?

Have you been through your emails/records of payments made/statements from Wageday etc to check your belief that the debt was paid off ?

You should get a CCA request sent off to Motormile Finance too - CCA Request Letter

Also want to send CPR 31.14 Request Letter to Moriary - to ask for breakdown of the claim, notice of assignment, default notices etc under CPR 31.14 - to check what to ask for could you type out the particulars of claim from the claim form pls.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Thank you! Claim acknowledged!

Details of claim are below....How would I best proceed next? Many thanks

The defendant owes the claimant £175.60 under a regulated loan agreement with curo transatlantic ltd t/a Wageday advance dated 02/01/2013 and which was assigned to the claimant on 11/04/2014 (DEBT). Despite formal demand for payment of the debt the defendant has failed to pay and the claimant claims £175.60 and further claims interest thereon pursuant to section 69 of the county court act 1984 limited to one year to the date hereof at the rate of 8% per annum amounting to £14.04

Comment

Originally posted by helpneededthankyou View Post
          Thank you! Claim acknowledged!

Details of claim are below....How would I best proceed next? Many thanks

The defendant owes the claimant £175.60 under a regulated loan agreement with curo transatlantic ltd t/a Wageday advance dated 02/01/2013 and which was assigned to the claimant on 11/04/2014 (DEBT). Despite formal demand for payment of the debt the defendant has failed to pay and the claimant claims £175.60 and further claims interest thereon pursuant to section 69 of the county court act 1984 limited to one year to the date hereof at the rate of 8% per annum amounting to £14.04
          Brilliant. crossed posts so just read back before your post.... you were waiting to press the GO button on that acknowledgement weren't you...

they don't mention default notice or notice of assignment - doesn't hurt to ask for them in the CPR letter though. They do mention the agreement and formal demand. I think I'd just leave everything in there tbh and see what comes back.

How much is the overall claim for ? about £250 ?
          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Credit file is not particularly good but i'm working hard to improve it. No CCJ's so its important that I avoid that, 3 defaults all of which I am paying towards and actually will be removed in the next 12 months. I have just logged on to my experian and there is no footprint from Motormile/Wageday? I have looked at my previous addresses are logged on their so there is no reason why this should be on there.

Wageday were an online corrispondance and I no longer have access to that email address so that is making it quite difficult?

Any suggestions?

- - - Updated - - -

£264.64

Comment

So what would you suggest to do next? Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post

You should get a CCA request sent off to Motormile Finance too - CCA Request Letter

Also want to send CPR 31.14 Request Letter to Moriarty - to ask for breakdown of the claim, notice of assignment, default notices etc under CPR 31.14 - ..........

Those bits xx
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X