• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Asset Collections Small Claims Court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asset Collections Small Claims Court

Hi there,

I've read through all the threads I could find on the forum on cases such as mine and just have a few of my own questions to ask if you don't mind?

Firstly I'm based in Northern Ireland and secondly I don't deny I borrowed from The Lending Stream. I only had one loan with them but did have several with other lenders, none of which were paid back. Defaults have been registered accordingly. I therefore see no grounds to contest the case even if their "interest" & charges have not been laid out on the form, I still borrowed the loan principal of £490. Asset Collections are now looking £1390. The loan was taken out in 2014.

I worked out my finances via an Income and Expenditure form from CAB and I could afford £15 a month to keep them at bay but I was advised by CAB that as I owed other creditors, 'each creditor must be treated equally' so whilst paying £15 a month to The Lending Stream, if accepted, might keep them off my back that doesn't solve other potential court filings from other lenders which makes sense.

Here are my questions:

1. I assume it's common for these guys filing court claims for small amounts?
    2. I am in receipt of state benefits and therefore unable to pay off the debt. What is the likely outcome in this scenario?
    3. Is it likely that even though I am receiving state benefits Asset Collections will still pursue the debt?
    4. On the "Notice of Acceptance of Liability" - Should I note my financial situation, supply evidence of my benefits and enclose said Income and Expenditure form?
    5. What happens when the court receives my evidence?

You may ask why I didn't ask these questions of CAB when I was speaking with them and the answer is I did. Whilst the girl was brilliant trying to help me there was clearly gaps in her knowledge in this area. I say that with the greatest of respect to her and CAB.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

PS: The best solution for me is bankruptcy but unfortunately it's a cost I cannot afford at present but I am working on trying to get the money from a good samaritan.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X