• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Urgent Help - Bailiffs at my door, I'm not the debtor.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent Help - Bailiffs at my door, I'm not the debtor.

Hi

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, the only board I thought it would fit ins't open for new posts.

I have an urgent problem.

This morning I was visited by an agent claiming he was from Marstons acting on an order from the court.

He was looking for a woman named on the order.

The woman in question is the mother of my child and although she does not officially live with me, she is temporarily staying with me as she had nowhere to go and I'm not the type of guy to put her on the streets, especially with my child.

The house is registered to me and only me.

The agent states that he's been to the house on numerous occasions, a fact that I and my guest dispute. In fact there has been no communications sent to my address prior to today's visit

After this morning's visit he pushed through 2 envelopes, one recording his visit today but another with a date from a few days ago.

To me this is dishonesty on the agent's part and I'm sure breaks the law in some way

Today's state that he will be back to take goods.

My guest has no goods in my house other than a few clothes and her ID.

I have stated this to the agent and he stated that it would be upto me to prove the goods are mine.

Many of the goods are 2nd hand and bought through facebook groups etc or goods that I've had through a couple of house moves so no longer have reciepts

My guest seems to think the debt may belong to her ex-husband.

What can I do?

Can the debt be requested to be returned to the courts as it is disputed that my guest owns it?
    Tags: None

Re: Urgent Help - Bailiffs at my door, I'm not the debtor.

Is this for a Magistrates Court Fine? The paperwork that has been handed over should state who the Claimant/Creditor is.

If so does she know anything about it?

Comment

Re: Urgent Help - Bailiffs at my door, I'm not the debtor.

if it isn't a magistrates court fine, what type of debt is it?

this is really important - for some types of debts a bailiff has power to force entry...

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X