• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Apple - Poor quality product

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apple - Poor quality product

Hi there, I am a little frustrated that my 10 month old (quite expensive) Apple phone cover has again fallen apart.

I say again, as a couple of years back, when I had a different iPhone, I had exactly the same issue with an Apple branded phone cover.

I contacted the Apple store (5th Sep 17) I purchased it from, and thus far, I have been completely ignored. I contacted the Apple Online Store who tell me they can't help as I purchased it directly from a retail store. I must contact them.

I have already tried this and I am not prepared to again make the journey to their store to have to wait quite some time to see a "manager" and get the issue resolved.

Can anyone advise me on what I could do next? What has frustrated me is that friends have £1.99 iPhone covers from Ebay which last 2-3 years and still look like new. The Apple ones are approved to fit the product and are marketed as being a cut above the cheaper stuff, yet they literally don't even last a year and cost considerably more.

I know if I go in to store, they will be difficult, but will exchange it for me, but to be honest, as this is now the second such negative experience with their covers, I would rather just take my money and go and get something that is fit for purpose. This is a clear breach of the Sale and Supply of Goods act 1979 as the product is not of satisfactory quality. Any advice on what steps to take next would be much appreciated. I did pay on Credit Card, but the value of the transaction was £35.00
    Tags: None

Re: Apple - Poor quality product

Try the Consumer Rights Act 2015

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X