• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ccj please help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ccj please help

I have received a CCJ this week in the post from Northampton court from lowell, for what I think is a very account for £900.

The account was in my name but was not used by me, was used and controlled by my ex partner who was extremely abusive and violent towards me. I left this partner two years ago and have an injunction against him and custody of my child. Due to the nature of the abuse I suffered, I have suffered with extreme mental health issues, I am on strong antidepressants and receiving therapy. Sounds silly but I have a really bad fear of opening mail.

So my mail has been getting managed by my family. My uncle promised me he had sent a defence for this CCJ but I don't think this was the case.

My question is, if I send a letter now do I have any chance in setting the CCJ aside or is it too late?!
    Tags: None

Re: Ccj please help

Set Aside Application

Comment

Do I have any chance in getting it set aside? Will I have to go to court?

Comment

Originally posted by Bas1989 View Post
        I have received a CCJ this week in the post from Northampton court from lowell, for what I think is a very account for £900.
        . . . . .
        So my mail has been getting managed by my family. My uncle promised me he had sent a defence for this CCJ but I don't think this was the case.

My question is, if I send a letter now do I have any chance in setting the CCJ aside or is it too late?!
        Are or were you living at the address where the Claim Form was served?

Is it possible that your uncle did file a Defence on your behalf but the court or the Claimant rejected it since your uncle was not named as the Defendant?

We (my firm) are dealing with a case at the moment where a Defence was filed by the Defendant's father (not party to the proceedings) which was rejected by the Claimant but the court has allowed the Defence to be amended (with the Defendant substituting their signature) within 14 days.

What is the situation with your claim? And what makes you think your uncle didn't do what you thought he'd done?

Di

Comment

Yeah the forms have came to the address I was livig
          at, best to my knowledge.

i was rehoused after I left the relationship by the council but this has happened since.

the CCJ order states they didn't receive a defence.. my uncle can be somewhat unreliable at times.

The CCJ was sent out to me last week in favour of lowell. I'm just hoping there is a way I can dispute it, my degree is in It Security and I'm hoping when I'm of a better mental state to go back to work, CCJ will really hold me back. Do I have any chance?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X