• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

How long to store uncollected faulty goods

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long to store uncollected faulty goods

I bought a bed online with very.co.uk

The bed was faulty, and I called them same day to arrange a replacement. I was advised collection would be arranged separately.

The replacement took 10 days to arrive, and as I hadn't heard about collections I called very to find out when the faulty bed would be collected.
    I was advised it usually takes 14-21 days to arrange collection. I rang 14 days later to check this was still the case, and was advised somebody should be in touch within 7 days.
    Of course I called 7 days later to check when collection would be arranged and was told defiantly within 2 days.
    2 days pass and no contact.

I don't have any faith that this old bed is going to be collected, but looking online I could not find directions on how to legally dispose of the bed.
    How long do I wait before I can let very know I'm going to dispose, and then how long do I have to wait before getting rid?
    Tags: None

Re: How long to store uncollected faulty goods

Write a letter to them telling that they have failed in their promise to pick up the bed after a reasonable time and you will now be charging them for storage at the rate of £5 per day unless the bed is collected within 7 days. If not collected then send in the invoices every fortnight.

There are other ways to do it but try that in the first instance.

Comment

Thanks for swift response ostell.

I considered charging for storage but I'm not sure how enforceable that would be.

The company doesn't take this seriously am I able to sell the faulty bed to recoup the money owed?

Comment

Put in the letter first just to set it up. You may get a response. Aim it high up in the country.

There are procedures for legally getting rid of it but it needs to be done correctly. Others will help withe the wording.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X