• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking fine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking fine

Could you help reading a parking fine? Basically I emailed them to appeal and they cancelled my fine, it then went to a debt company, called them and they said send the evidence , I did and they said it was cancelled (over the phone) got another letter so rang up and they said it was an admin error and would close it down now. So I thought it was all fine. Today I got a letter from another debt company so I rang up and they said my appeal was incorrect as I reference the wrong fine reg number! I miss typed by 1 digit but surely the company should have checked the number against my details and realised t didn't match before they emailed to say it was cancelled? I haven't got 2 fines just this one. Now they are threatening me to go to court. Will they have to cancel it because I have written confirmation to myself even though it's the wrong ref?
    Tags: None

Re: Parking fine

Hi & welcome to LB.

Firstly, it's never a good idea try & sort things out over the phone.
    Always best in writing with proof of sending.

Who is doing the 'threatening'....the debt collection firm?
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

I did email the first debt company the evidence but they never replied to me to confirm they got it just said over the phone it was fine. I did email before but never got an email back as it was an @info address before I got a direct one.

Yes the threats are from the debt company now. The woman was so rude when I explain my case she pretended she couldn't hear me and put the phone down!

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
      Hi & welcome to LB.

Firstly, it's never a good idea try & sort things out over the phone.
      Always best in writing with proof of sending.

Who is doing the 'threatening'....the debt collection firm?

Comment

Ok.

Who sent the email confirmation of cancellation?
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

If the debt company is Debt Recovery Plus then just file and ignore.

Comment

Park watch did which is the company who issued the fine but like I say the ref I sent was 1 digit incorrect! Even though my reasons I guess we're accepted?
            Even though the ref was wrong , what I said got it cancelled if you know what I mean? So shouldn't it still be cancelled?

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
            Ok.

Who sent the email confirmation of cancellation?
            - - - Updated - - -

Its zenith now!

Comment

Zenith are the next desk in the DRP office. Look at the small print at the bottom of the letter.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X