• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Council Tax Summons: Unsigned, No court stamp, No Facsimile Signature - Legal or Not?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Council Tax Summons: Unsigned, No court stamp, No Facsimile Signature - Legal or

Resolved for now.

May as well allege that the Summons isn't correct due to no signature or statement of any applicable law or Act. If that's wrong they can say so.

Comment

Re: Council Tax Summons: Unsigned, No court stamp, No Facsimile Signature - Legal or

May as well allege that the Summons isn't correct due to no signature or statement of any applicable law or Act.
      you would be worng,

The court officer, with deligated legal powers from the 151 officer and monitiring officer ( fixed legal and fincial roles at the council ) take the oppication to the court.

He swares them in front of the clerk

This eleveats the court from most of the responcabiluty for checking and vetting the accounts, like they would have to if companies were bringing claims

The 151 officer is responcable for the moral fiancial application of the rules ( gettable thorugh external regulators )
      The monitoring officers are responcable for the legal fraimwork for collections ( getable through external regulators )

The court officer is responcable for checking all paments are processed befre the application to the court, and prior any enforcement.

I agree, its very unfair they way that councils can apply LO's so fast, and the related charges. and they way to challange them, is to dig out the paperrok for the follwoing and inspect it

yearly agreement betaween the court and the council over court costs charged per app, ( 151 officer - clerk )
      SCR published rates quarterly
      ballance of suspence accounts ( un allocated monies account )
      Timing of the court applications over the times fro publishing the SCR rates.

plot them over a 2 year period, you will have a good understanding of of both the flow of the systems and any faults,
      crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy council View Post
        you would be worng,
        Won't be the first time.

But it's OK - if it doesn't stick then something else to throw at them will come along sooner or later.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy council View Post

No signiture needed, reason

During the legal process of a council applying for action against an accout, ( like a LO ), there are a few legal and accountig markers that they have to check are applied before proceeding. ( before applying to court ). This is the legal dutie of an officer caled the monitoring officer and 151 officer.

These officer deligate the legal responcability to the court officer, to check accounts for validity and accuracy, prior applying to the court.

This officer, when he takes the large pile of LO applicatio to the court, swares and oath to the cleark of the court, that all conform to the correct legislation and are accurate ( this meens the majistrates does not have to look through each account to confirm accuracy )

In relation to understanding how a council charge for CT and how thats legaly accounted for properly within a working system, there was c=some caselaw posted on here a while ago thats easy to follow and deal with many of the complexitys of understanding what can be charged, at what stage, and when they ( council ) legal have to be accurate ( at the time of collection, not LO ) ,
          No, they come under the TCE Act 2007.

However, if you knew that the request is genuine I would not be nit picking, make an offer of a payment arrangement and get over it, you do owe the mone after all.
          The Black rat (Rattus rattus) is a common (hence the accusation of being Pleb) long-tailed rodent of the genus Rattus (rats) in the subfamily Murinae (murine rodents). The species originated in tropical Asia and spread through the Near East in Roman times (another thing that we ought to thanks the Romans for, besides roads, aqueducts and public toilets) before reaching Europe by the 1st century and spreading with Europeans across the world.

A mutation of the beast now comes black leather clad, riding a motorcycle that looks like a battenbergh cake on wheels.

A skilled predator, totally ruthless with it's prey, but also known to be extremely generous in doling out tickes that can provide points for motorists who want to downsize from mechanically propelled vehicles to bycicles.

It's a dirty job, but someone got to do it!

My opinions are free to anyone who wishes to make them theirs, but please be advised that my opinions might change without warning once more true facts are ascertained

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Vere Brayne d'Emmidge View Post

No, they come under the TCE Act 2007.

However, if you knew that the request is genuine I would not be nit picking, make an offer of a payment arrangement and get over it, you do owe the mone after all.
            Do you mind explaining a bit more, what part are you saying No to, and what comes under the TCE Act. Its aprt of a project i have my head into at the mo
            crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

repeat repeat repeat

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X