• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Amazon Delivery went to the wrong address

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazon Delivery went to the wrong address

Hope I am in the right place!
    This is a question from my little brother.
    He moved, last year, to a flat in a sheltered housing scheme so all the flats are numbered. The block is named after the road it is on.
    ( ... House).
    He is not in the best of health and uses Amazon, among others for shopping.
    Yesterday he had a call from the front door entry system from a chap with a package for him, it had come to his address, same number as his flat but ...Road however a different postcode.
    He had been about to contact Amazon re non delivery of this item, question being if this chap had not been so honest he would not have got this item what would his legal position be re the apparent non delivery as the driver had just left the package in a bin store and pushed a card through the wrong door.
    Never give up, Never surrender.
    Tags: None

Re: Amazon Delivery went to the wrong address

Amazon are normally pretty good.
    obviously they have to investigate etc see what happened but I had it where they sent some CDs to XXX street LONDON not XXX street Yorkshire and they apologised and sent a new order.
    It might be worth investing in some stick on door numbers to prevent this happening again mind.
    PLEASE NOTE: I work irregular hours including nights and sleep in shifts. If I have not responded in 48 hours, please ask an admin to Messenger me!

"If you ever feel alone, remember, I am just the other side of the rainbow, or just south of the North Star. Whichever is closer." - A.J Murphy. 17/3/1974 - 16/03/1997 (RIP babe <3)

Comment

Originally posted by slainte caragh View Post
      Amazon are normally pretty good.
      obviously they have to investigate etc see what happened but I had it where they sent some CDs to XXX street LONDON not XXX street Yorkshire and they apologised and sent a new order.
      It might be worth investing in some stick on door numbers to prevent this happening again mind.
      Thanks, think they have numbers on the flat doors but just the name of the block on the outside .
      Assume the house also is numbered.
      My brother says the address was correct it was the post code that was different so he assumes that the delivery driver just did not check.
      None of the others he uses have this problem and this is the first time this has happened.

Comment

If a driver has circa 200 parcels to deliver they'll go where the device sends them and then look for the number. Unless they are very sharp most will miss the fact it's incorrect.

Amazon totally screw their drivers as profit is #1 concern. People subscribe to prime which is great for Amazon who see it as a tie in as many will buy from Amazon rather than elsewhere since they've already paid for delivery. Once subscribed the only thing Amazon can do to reduce the actual overheads of it is to maximise the amount of deliveries they can squeeze out of the drivers since they get a day rate rather than paid per parcel as most courier firms do.

If the geocode on the device is wrong (I.E. in the wrong place) it needs fixing or it'll happen again.

M1

Comment

Think you other orders from Amazon have gone to the correct address so may be this driver was having a bad day.
          Just glad the chap that brought it round was honest enough to do so.

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
          If a driver has circa 200 parcels to deliver they'll go where the device sends them and then look for the number. Unless they are very sharp most will miss the fact it's incorrect.

Amazon totally screw their drivers as profit is #1 concern. People subscribe to prime which is great for Amazon who see it as a tie in as many will buy from Amazon rather than elsewhere since they've already paid for delivery. Once subscribed the only thing Amazon can do to reduce the actual overheads of it is to maximise the amount of deliveries they can squeeze out of the drivers since they get a day rate rather than paid per parcel as most courier firms do.

If the geocode on the device is wrong (I.E. in the wrong place) it needs fixing or it'll happen again.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X