Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: County court claim from Lowell Portfolio for a Studio Gifts debt

• Display

VIP Member

Mentions
    144 Post(s)

Default Re: County court claim from Lowell Portfolio for a Studio Gifts debt

Quote Originally Posted by charitynjw View Post
    Morning Mike.

pdf pdq?
    :
    Morning must be a Sunday thing???

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE770 View Post
    :
    Morning must be a Sunday thing???
    Sorry I'm at work today so can't use my mobile I've tried to turn it into pdf but it won't work are you not seeing it at all will try again when I get home tonight
    Attached Images Attached Images

VIP Member

Mentions
    509 Post(s)

I can see the picture, but the print is not legible to me, even when 'zoomed'
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "
    Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Don't know if this has uploaded and you can read it I can only work off my mobile
    Attached Files Attached Files

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Was you able to download the pdf was it any good
    Attached Images Attached Images

Site Owner

Mentions
    1697 Post(s)

YIp the PDF is good

When you first placed an order with Studio do you remember how you did it?

Did you actually sign an agreement ? ( this copy doesn't look to be signed - and the date is printed which indicates this isn't a copy of the original that you completed and signed so would be a recon )

Also do you recall what the charge was for not paying by DD ? there's quite a big difference between APR for DD payers and other methods ( 22% v 44% ) ( they still do same now - https://www.studio.co.uk/content/terms-your-account )

( non - cancellable ?? )

Did you have their form of PPI btw? and did they pay you back? ( https://www.fca.org.uk/news/press-re...redress-scheme )
    Last edited by Amethyst; Today at 07:12:AM.
    “We may not win by protesting, but if we don’t protest we will lose. If we stand up to them, there is always a chance we will win.” Hetty Bower

Any advice I provide is given without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Find Solicitors offering fixed fees on our sister site - JustBeagle.com

VIP Member

Mentions
    509 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Amethyst View Post
    Used the TARDIS?

Express gifts didn't have the Accrington address until July 2010.
    https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/d...pL4oyvqhzgU%3D

Address in 2000
    https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/d...tNEoz7ahzgU%3D
    CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

YIp the PDF is good

Did you actually sign an agreement ? ( this copy doesn't look to be signed - and the date is printed which indicates this isn't a copy of the original that you completed and signed so would be a recon )

Also do you recall what the charge was for not paying by DD ? there's quite a big difference between APR for DD payers and other methods ( 22% v 44% )

( non - cancellable ?? / default charges £20 )
    It's been a long time so I can't really remember but I think I filled in an order form and sent it by post . I can't remember signing the credit agreement. As for the DD, I had no idea I was being charged such a difference for not paying by DD

I think while I was a customer of express gifts I've paid about £300 maybe more in default charges cause sometimes I'd have to pay two lots of payments cause the due date fell short of 2 days before I got played it was a nightmare

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Used the TARDIS?

Express gifts didn't have the Accrington address until July 2010.
    https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/d...pL4oyvqhzgU%3D

Address in 2000
    https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/d...tNEoz7ahzgU%3D
    It's got the Accrington address on the agreement

Site Owner

Mentions
    1697 Post(s)

lol, and the Distance Marketing regs 2004

Sorry I was being bugged by the non-cancellable bit - why would it be non cancellable?

Were studio a catalogue on doorstep type seller thing?
    “We may not win by protesting, but if we don’t protest we will lose. If we stand up to them, there is always a chance we will win.” Hetty Bower

Any advice I provide is given without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

VIP Member

Mentions
    509 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Leego59 View Post
    It's got the Accrington address on the agreement
    Yep!
    CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Yep!
    So it's not the original copy?

- - - Updated - - -

lol, and the Distance Marketing regs 2004

Sorry I was being bugged by the non-cancellable bit - why would it be non cancellable?

Were studio a catalogue on doorstep type seller thing?
    No it was just a Christmas gifts catalogue

Site Owner

Mentions
    1697 Post(s)

Express gifts LEFT the Accrington address in 2010
    30 Dec 2010 Registered office address changed from Church Bridge House Henry Street Church Accrington Lancashire BB5 4EH on 30 December 2010 View PDF ( Registered office address changed from Church Bridge House Henry Street Church Accrington Lancashire BB5 4EH on 30 December 2010 - link opens in a new window ) (1 page)

Ahhh

05 Jul 2010 Registered office address changed from Burley House Bradford Road Burley in Wharfedale Ilkley West Yorkshire LS29 7DZ on 5 July 2010 View PDF ( Registered office address changed from Burley House Bradford Road Burley in Wharfedale Ilkley West Yorkshire LS29 7DZ on 5 July 2010 - link opens in a new window ) (1

did a bit of moving about then - moved for 3 days? lol. https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...history?page=4

The Distance Marketing regs kill it anyway.

Site Owner

Mentions
    1697 Post(s)

Still bugging me on the cancallable bit - looking at original cca 1974 I don't think it needed to be but not sure exactly why.....

Anyhoo ... Is the date of the agreement correct ( 27/9/2000 ) ? just so they can't claim that's a typo etc.

( your links don't work Charity btw hence trying to look it up )

VIP Member

Mentions
    509 Post(s)

30 Dec 2010 Registered office address changed from Church Bridge House Henry Street Church Accrington Lancashire BB5 4EH on 30 December 2010 View PDF ( Registered office address changed from Church Bridge House Henry Street Church Accrington Lancashire BB5 4EH on 30 December 2010 - link opens in a new window ) (1 page)

Ahhh

05 Jul 2010 Registered office address changed from Burley House Bradford Road Burley in Wharfedale Ilkley West Yorkshire LS29 7DZ on 5 July 2010 View PDF ( Registered office address changed from Burley House Bradford Road Burley in Wharfedale Ilkley West Yorkshire LS29 7DZ on 5 July 2010 - link opens in a new window ) (1

did a bit of moving about then - moved for 3 days? lol. https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...history?page=4

Yep, seems they moved to Accrington in July 2010, & moved again Dec 2010
    https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...history?page=3
    (Does that link work?)
    CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Ahhh

Its got the agreement is between express studio ltd trading as studio whose principal postal address is at church bridge house accrington lancs bb5 4ee and you the person detailed below

Site Owner

Mentions
    1697 Post(s)

Anyhoo ... Is the date of the agreement correct ( 27/9/2000 ) ? just so they can't claim that's a typo etc.

On this - last payment 2011 and defaulted 2012 - that'd be quite a long time to have a studio card account ( as I recall they were pretty crap christmas card over priced wrap and gifts stuff - so to stick with them for 11 years would be quite an acheivement ( no offence meant by that btw) )

Site Owner

Mentions
    1697 Post(s)

Yep, seems they moved to Accrington in July 2010, & moved again Dec 2010
    https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...history?page=3
    (Does that link work?)
    yip thanks xx I guessed they were co house links as I do the same with the bloody amazon aws linkages breaking.

Site Owner

Mentions
    1697 Post(s)

Its got the agreement is between express studio ltd trading as studio whose principal postal address is at church bridge house accrington lancs bb5 4ee and you the person detailed below
    like this one http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/g...ther/mycca.jpg

See this bugs me too on the address as this was on a thread posted in 2008 umm here -> http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...-me-off./page2

Should the creditor address not be their registered address not their postal address?

( Still the FS(DM)2004 kill it if the 2000 date is right - the address issue is just annoying me now)

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

On this - last payment 2011 and defaulted 2012 - that'd be quite a long time to have a studio card account ( as I recall they were pretty crap christmas card over priced wrap and gifts stuff - so to stick with them for 11 years would be quite an acheivement ( no offence meant by that btw) )
    Tell me about it they were crap but when needs must so id been a customer for 11 years and they couldnt come to some arrangement when i needed help they didnt even answer the letter i sent them about I difficulties
    Shall I still put the section of statue barred in my defence if I sent them that letter on 11/11/11 I also corresponded with them by email on 30/12/11 but it was sent from my sons email address and when they sent one back they addressed it to my sister's name ( totally different name) who I was living with at the time

Site Owner

Mentions
    1697 Post(s)

It doesn't give an inception date on the POC so the only place that date is mentioned is on this agreement ?

I think include SB in the defence yes - the onus of proof is on them and it doesn't hurt to plead it so long as there's a good back up defence ( which there is under s.78 & s.61 I think )

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

It doesn't give an inception date on the POC so the only place that date is mentioned is on this agreement ?

I think include SB in the defence yes - the onus of proof is on them and it doesn't hurt to plead it so long as there's a good back up defence ( which there is under s.78 & s.61 I think )
    POC ??

Site Owner

Mentions
    1697 Post(s)

POC ??
    Sorry - Particulars of Claim - the text on the front of the original claim form.

Site Owner

Mentions
    1697 Post(s)

Do you recall how you made your first order from them ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12