• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Recent split

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent split

Hello All

Well this is mine field, I am looking to seek advice on the below matters , I have recently split from my partner of 6 years who is suffering from anxiety and depression now its been discovered for the last 3 years on average. I am needing to know just what happens in her financial situation as i have to move out and luckily have very understanding MD who has become guarantor for a new flat.
    My existing situation is she has no job or employment. we have signed up for 2 yr contract in May this year. I was asked to leave only only 9 days ago.
    She has already told me she will get signed off like that ! with her depression and anxiety etc . I have always worked my entire life and fortunate to be in a position where she didn't need to work.
    If she is signed off for the above can anyone advise if she will have the rent covered ? or how much she will be entitled to from the government ? I understand we both now qualify for single occupancy on council tax ?. I believe this should be -25% ?
    Sorry i have no idea of the ins and outs of the government hand out system and fine it a total minefield.
    Also can she claim any rights to payments i mean intentionally in malice if she desired ? I was step father too 2 lovely children and insisted straight away i could see them once a month ?.
    Would I have any claim or do I have no rights ?

Sorry to ask, as I need to check every penny as with this property and actually wanting to care for the roof over their heads I just need some honest concrete answers as many people think they know but so conflicting !
    Much appreciated if anyone has the time to help

Thank You
    Tags: None

Re: Recent split

Hi

Sorry to hear of your situation and the concern for you ex is admirable, so many splits end selfishly and with people at war. Turn2us have a benefits calculator, this allows your ex or you to input all of the infomation about her situation and will advise what is available to her, it's here: https://benefits-calculator.turn2us.org.uk/AboutYou

Unfortunately unless you have adopted or have parental rights to the children I don't think you have any legal right to see them. All you can do is hope that she allows you to see them both for their benefit as I'm sure they have grown attached to you and yours as clearly you have them.
    COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

Re: Recent split

Hi

Hopefully contact between you and the children will take place as agreed. If problems arise, you would be advised to first seek to resolve these via family mediation. If mediation failed to resolve the problem, you could apply to the court for a contact order ( now called a child arrangements order) as you have lived with the children for more than 3 years. The court would make whatever order was considered to be in the best interests of the children. I hope that this gives you some reassurance.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X