• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

VWFS - VT questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VWFS - VT questions

Hi,

I chased BCA to see if VWFS had passed the details to begin inspection processes and they haven't.

So I ring them today and find out I had an outstanding difference needing clearing (which i knew about when I VT'd on the 24th).

I have cleared this now, and have been told its being sent to the BCA? Trouble is to me this now eats into my schedule here, i planned to get the car back before my next payment on the 21st Sept and Service Inspection due by the 28th.

• I instructed the VT on the phone, a lot of people state they write to the finance company, so am I in a weak position here?
    • Where do I stand on the DD payment? If i've VT'd on the 24th (on my terms) then do I pay until the day the keys get handed back (or get thrown with this process more like!)
    • Where will i stand on it needing an inspection?
    • I have 7 days to sort out any issues apparently, can I take this to a BCA location to drop off to shorten this time down ? I've got the work done already on paintwork tbh so i'm confident it will be ok.

I guess on verbal comms on the VT if it kicked off the ombudsman would deal with it by reviewing phone recordings etc?

Thanks for your help through a very stressful and worrying process!
    Last edited by beagleeason; 5th September 2017, 20:50:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: VWFS - VT questions

Hello

You should read the link below, a valid termination of the agreement must be done in writing. Calling them to cancel is not valid and VWFS would be within their rights to refuse to accept your termination. At the same time, strictly speaking, your liability is limited only if you exercise your right to terminate under section 99 - which requires the notice to be in writing. VWFS are unlikely to pick up on this but you need to be aware in case they did.

http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...on-Your-rights
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by R0b View Post
      Hello

You should read the link below, a valid termination of the agreement must be done in writing. Calling them to cancel is not valid and VWFS would be within their rights to refuse to accept your termination. At the same time, strictly speaking, your liability is limited only if you exercise your right to terminate under section 99 - which requires the notice to be in writing. VWFS are unlikely to pick up on this but you need to be aware in case they did.

http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...on-Your-rights
      They have accepted the shortfall payment yesterday though?

Comment

Perhaps and maybe you'll get away with it but you should be aware for future purposes I would suggest you carefully read section 99 and 100 in the VT Guide. It explicitly says that where you have terminated the agreement under section 99 i.e. you have given written notice then you will be liable for XYZ. Strictly speaking, you can't rely on the limited liability if you haven't complied with the correct notice procedures because it only kicks in if you have validly exercised your right to terminate under section 99.
        If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X