• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Need advice about making a full and final offer for BW Legal CCJ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice about making a full and final offer for BW Legal CCJ

I have a CCJ from BW Legal / Lowell Portfolio that I was issued 2 years ago. It is for around £2000 from an old credit card debt (Vanquis). I was off work sick for a number of years so I wasn't able to pay.

I'm not sure if there were any PPI payments made for the card, but there were probably some 'unfair' charges on there.

I'm pretty skint at the moment, and I'm trying to get a business off the ground and can't get any funding due to this CCJ (my credit is fine apart from this).

I'm thinking of offering them maybe £200-400 as a Full and final offer, but I wondered if anyone would be able to answer a few questions first...

How likely is it that they'd accept 10-20% as a full and final payment? Would this mean that the CCJ was marked as 'satisfied'? Would this actually improve my credit score?

Thanks, for any help.
    Tags: None

Re: Need advice about making a full and final offer for BW Legal CCJ

Hi

Are you actually paying anything to this debt at the moment?

I don't know what others think but the fact the CCJ is there , paid or not , is probably what is screwing your credit

A partial payment would possibly lead to a partially satisfied not a satisfied marker

They have a ccj, I am not sure they would even entertain such a low offer

If you are not paying and they are not chasing , my worry would be that they wake up and start asking you for money

Sorry I can't offer more advice

Comment

Re: Need advice about making a full and final offer for BW Legal CCJ

Are you actually paying anything to this debt at the moment?
      I haven't paid a penny towards this for more than 8 years.

I don't know what others think but the fact the CCJ is there , paid or not , is probably what is screwing your credit
      Yes, I'm quite sure the CCJ is what is screwing up my credit, everything is okay apart from that.

A partial payment would possibly lead to a partially satisfied not a satisfied marker
      I'm not sure if 'partially satisfied' actually applies to CCJs, I heard that was only for defaults. I heard that CCJs are either 'satisfied' or not. I'm not completely sure about this though.

They have a ccj, I am not sure they would even entertain such a low offer
      Seeing as they haven't heard from me in 8 years, I'd have thought they'd be happy to take some money off me.

If you are not paying and they are not chasing , my worry would be that they wake up and start asking you for money
      This is the main thing I'm worried about, also I don't want to waste money by paying them and it not improving my credit.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X