• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Restons Solicitor CCJ on behalf of capquest - Please help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restons Solicitor CCJ on behalf of capquest - Please help

Hi there, where to start.

I have today recieved a letter from restons solicitors asking for my earnings and expenses breakdown, I dont know what to do. They are asking me for £3000 from a historic shop direct account

What should i do?

Please help
    Tags: None

Re: Restons Solicitor CCJ on behalf of capquest - Please help

How historic is it ? ( When was the account opened ? and when did you last make any payment towards the debt? )

Are Restons acting for Capquest ? Have you ever received a letter from Shop Direct telling you the debt has been assigned to the Debt Collection firm ?

Are Restons saying if you don't make an arrangement to pay they will consider court action ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hey, thanks for the reply. The account is around 4 years old, i dont remember ever receiving a letter saying restons now had the debt. The letter just requests a breakdown of what my outgoings are. It says they have obtained it fro the court

Comment

Ohhhh okay, so you already have a County court judgment against you and this is likely an attachment of earnings / statement of means form ? Is there a form number on the form ? ( normally top left or right ) N56 ? ( this one - https://formfinder.hmctsformfinder.j...k/n056-eng.pdf )

Do you recall receiving any court papers about this claim previously ?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

nope, dont recall any letters previously. Whats my next move? Im terrified

Comment

Need to know what the letter is exactly ... can you take a picture of it and email it to me ( admin@legalbeagles.info ) or redact your personal information and post it up on here. Or type out the main wording of the letter & top of the form.
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

well, not knwoing what it was i shredded it (very unwise i know) but it was an attatchment of earnings

Comment

I appreciate im not being particularly helpful but im absolutely terrfiied

Comment

Oh dear. Do you think you might have shredded the court claim too ? and the letter that came with the form from Restons ? DOn't suppose you made a note of the claim reference ?

Okay don't worry, it's fixable, it's obviously stressing you out so you need to do stuff now to make sure it doesn't go any further.

Firstly, did you have a shop Direct account with a debt on of around £2.5k/ £3k that you stopped paying around 4 years ago?

Are you employed ?

Do you own your own house ?

You should check on your credit file ( via something free like Noddle ) or search the register on trustonline.org.uk ( costs a few pounds ) to get the details of the judgment. Then you can call the court ( likely Northampton County Court Business Centre ) and ask them for details of the claim and judgment.

And really, don't be stressing so much - you know about it now so just have to sort out either having the judgment set aside as you didn't receive it, or organising a payment arrangement.
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

Yes i beleive i probably did

Yes i am emplyed but i already have a enforced 100 pounds coming out of my wages every month due t to a dispute with a former emplyer. No i currently rent a council house

Comment

Okay - there is little they can do if you follow process from here on in, so you need to either complete the Attachment of Earnings Form ( you could complete this one https://formfinder.hmctsformfinder.j...k/n056-eng.pdf but you would need to contact Restons or the Court to get the claim number and other details ) or contact Restons to come to a payment arrangement without having the attachment of earnings. If you come to an arrangement with Restons you could ask for a suspended AoE order on that form, so Restons have security of some sort if you did default on any arrangement made.

Alternatively you could apply to set aside the judgment so you can either Defend the claim, or settle the claim at that point. This would cost up front £255 ( although if your income is low you may be eligible for a fee reduction ) and may require a hearing, plus there is a risk of costs being added to the claim if your request to set aside was refused - I'm not sure on your chances as you likely received the claim and shredded it, and can't really show good reason for not having responded at the time.

Do you have any idea when the Shop direct Account was first opened ? and which catalogue it was ?

If you struggle with the paperwork it may be worth trying to get an appointment with Citizens Advice Bureau to get some help filling it all in.

( and stop shredding important stuff or you'll end up in more of these pickles ! )
                      Last edited by Amethyst; 5th September 2017, 16:06:PM.
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                      X