• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Halifax PPI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halifax PPI

Hi

I've just joined the legal beagles website and have been reading through lots of threads about Halifax ppi claims. I noticed that you have given people lots of really good advice with this and wondered if you can help me please.

I started a ppi ppi claim with Halifax myself a few weeks ago. I filled in a template through the Resolver website on Martin Lewis's website.

I took out a joint mortgage with Halifax in 1996 - I left the mortgage in 2002 and I had a feeling there was ppi on the mortgage.

I received a form from Halifax to fill out, which I returned, then a couple of weeks ago they phoned me and told me that there was ppi on the mortgage and asked why I thought I'd been mid-sold this ppi. I said I wasn't given a choice at the time - I was told how much the total payment would be per month and that was that - I was never told this was optional at the time. The caller said they would make a decision and I would receive a cheque if it was found I had been mis-sold.

I have just just received a letter from Halifax informing me that they don't believe my ppi was mis-sold. At the end of the letter it says:

The results of my investigation into your concerns are summarised below:

I've considered all the evidence available to me, including the information that you have provided. I believe it's more likely than not the optional nature of the policy was verbally explained to you in good time before the sale of your ppi policy was concluded.

It says they've now closed their file but if I have any further information I can contact them and they'll reconsider their decision and if I'm still unhappy I can go to the ombudsman.

I don't have any paperwork to do with the mortgage, I only have an account number - do you think I should ask for an SAR from them or is there anything else you would recommend I do please?

Thank you for any help you can give me with this.
    Tags: None

Re: Halifax PPI

Yes I'd send an SAR. It's going to be tough proving they didn't tell you the PPI was optional. What you really need is the mortgage offer that will hopefully only quote a figure with PPI included.

Comment

Re: Halifax PPI

Originally posted by EXC View Post
      Yes I'd send an SAR. It's going to be tough proving they didn't tell you the PPI was optional. What you really need is the mortgage offer that will hopefully only quote a figure with PPI included.

Hi EXC

Thanks for your speedy reply

Is there a template letter I need to send for this please?

Alison

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X