Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Hoist Portfolio Holding v Shinybee

• Display

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Default Re: Hoist Portfolio Holding v Shinybee

Quote Originally Posted by Amethyst View Post
    If you're looking into an Unless order there's a bit of an example here - > http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...order-at-court -
    Thank you Amethyst that’s really helpful.

SB

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana M View Post
    It's not only about timing it's about the likelihood of success with an Unless Order and whether it would only spur them on to try harder to source or reconstitute documents.

At the moment both your claims are each below £10k so allocation to the Fast Track is not staring you in the face.

However take on board the fact that if you make an Application (or two) for an Unless Order the court could decide to combine the claims at that point. It's a risk.

Di
    Thanks Di good point(s). I’m hoping to find the less risky path to my success

SB

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Hi

Is there anyone who has any suggestions on what course of action I could take now, bar pay for a solicitor, as funds are very short at the moment?

SB

VIP Member

Mentions
    125 Post(s)

Hi Shinybee

I know you have had a quote from one solicitor - or at least I think that is what you said.

Have you shopped around to see what free advice is available or how much others charge?

I appreciate when money is tight I really do but it really might be that a free consultation helps or even a fixed fee for a part of your claims.

Remember as well, if they do decide to combine the claims then it will likely be fast track and a) if you win you get your costs paid and b) if you lose you have to pay their costs so in that case a solicitor would be a no brainer.

I was talking to someone today about an account I have that is over 10K and the advice i got was, as soon as a claim drops on your doormat involve a solicitor

I have no idea , nor do I need to know who gave you a quote but if it wasn't Di's firm or PT2537's firm why not try them and see what help you can get,

It really hurts me when people are disadvantaged because they can't afford a solicitor (or it makes no economic sense)
    Any advice or opinions I offer are based on my experience dealing with personal debt as well as other life events.
    I have no formal legal training
    Any advice is offered without liability
    If in doubt take professional legal advice or contact the CAB

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234