• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

New Laws for Police pre-charge bail - Advice needed on paperwork

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Laws for Police pre-charge bail - Advice needed on paperwork

Hi

Does anyone have any experience of these new laws, as I having a bit of a nightmare with the paperwork.

The police keep messing up with the paperwork and it has left me and my solicitor not sure whether its legal or not.

It concerns forms bcl008, bcl009. rules r.14.21. I've had one bcl009 response form on the 11th August. My solicitor complained to the police because they should have supplied me with the two forms ie the police application and the response form. The police sent me a different form bcl008 on the 25th but still no application form. To add to the complication the two forms show slightly different URN's and different Courts to send the response form too.

The police automatically sent my solicitor a copy form bcl009 dated 25th August and I presume the police application form, otherwise he would not have been able to respond to the police application. As I've not see this form yet., should I have been officially served this or is it okay just to sent this to my solicitor? (its not prearranged).

In addition, the police did not sent my solicitor the bcl008 form,, so he was unaware of this form when he submitted the response. to the court on Thursday. Have the police followed the guidelines correctly and if not what can be done to remedy this?

I hope this makes sense to someone!

Regards
    Tags: None

Re: New Laws for Police pre-charge bail - Advice needed on paperwork

Have you tried enquiring with the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC). You might have a week or so to wait for a reply though if you email.

enquiries@ipcc.gsi.gov.uk

Tel: 0300 020 0096

Comment

Re: New Laws for Police pre-charge bail - Advice needed on paperwork

Thank you for answering this post.

I have contacted the IPCC and they referred me to the Police College website. There is some general information on this site, however you have to be a police member to access the legal stuff.

My solicitor has emailed HMCT's about this today but the hearing is tomorrow. Can anyone advise me about what happens next?

Thank you

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X