• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Arrow Global and Reston Claim Form !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Arrow Global and Reston Claim Form !

Originally posted by Onestepatatime View Post
    How is it that the law defines it that way but AG (and possibly others?) seem to interpret it differently?
    AG can say what it likes.....doesn't mean that they are right, though.
    Surely if a court case was to be brought by them then this admission by AG would deem the case to be thrown out?
    Probably not.
    In my mind this defines SCAM by these so called legitimate collectors or am I missing something else here?
    Imho.
    s189 'creditor', together with, say, s78 'Duty to give information....'
    Creditor has been defined above.
    s78
    (
    1)
    The creditor under a regulated agreement for running-account credit, within the prescribed period after receiving a request in writing to that effect from the debtor and payment of a fee of [F1£1], shall give the debtor a copy of the executed agreement (if any) and of any other document referred to in it, together with a statement signed by or on behalf of the creditor showing, according to the information to which it is practicable for him to refer,—
    (a)
    the state of the account, and

(b)
    the amount, if any currently payable under the agreement by the debtor to the creditor, and

(c)

the amounts and due dates of any payments which, if the debtor does not draw further on the account, will later become payable under the agreement by the debtor to the creditor.
    So if the creditor receives the request + fee, they must provide the info within the prescribed period, failing which they cannot enforce the agreement until they do comply. [S78(6)].
    However, they can report (or continue to report) any default with the credit reference agencies; that has been deemed as not being 'enforcement'.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Sorry Charity I'm perhaps a little thick here? If it's law then surely it's the responsibility of any judge to uphold the law otherwise what's the point?
      Or are we saying that realistically the DCA will not let it get before a court, until they can comply, but will continue to report the default for the six years that it can?

Comment

Defaults have to be a true record of events, enforceable or not and recorded allowed. ask your MP why Judges in a lot of cases judge on so called probability and refuse to stick to the letter of the law as laid down in legislation/parliament,

Comment

McGuffick / RBS - http://legalbeagles.info/phillip-mcg...-scotland-plc/
          Rules that enforcement of a CCA only covers court action not reporting to Credit Reference Agencies or continuing to chase the debtor for payment.

Also potentially later Grace / Blackhorse - https://consumercreditlitigationandd...-for-the-case/
          Originally posted by PT2537
          The clear message coming out of this case is that where a credit agreement is found to be unenforceable or where the parties accept the agreement is unenforceable, the creditor should not seek to argue that the debtor is a defaulter without clarifying that the agreement is unenforceable and if the system cannot support such recording then the Default should not be registered at all.
          I think there was another case that went against McGuffick but the name of it escapes me now - [MENTION=551]pt2537[/MENTION] ??
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Good evening Folks,
            Can I put my defence now even though documents are NOT forthcoming?

Cheers

Comment

Yes you should file your defence before the court deadline ( 28 days from service ).
              Example Defence

You might want to include a bit about Arrow's claim not to be creditor.

eg.
              s.189 CCA 1974 defines creditor

“creditor” means [F15(except in relation to green deal plans: see instead section 189B(2))] the person providing credit under a consumer credit agreement or the person to whom his rights and duties under the agreement have passed by assignment or operation of law, and in relation to a prospective consumer credit agreement, includes the prospective creditor;
              Also Jones v Link Financial Limited, http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/QB/2012/2402.html, confirms that the assignee takes responsibility for the statutory compliance with the Consumer Credit Act.
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Hello All,

Few years ago, i set up an account on Mcol online but was on my old address.

I have tried to change the address, it was virtually impossible. That was why i filed the acknowledgement by post. I register again using the new address and the email says they will send confirmation by post within 7 days but thats not forthcoming.

I rang the court to no avail. Did anyone know how i can modify my address online?

Cheers

Comment

Not sure if it the same for defendants but their claimant guide says this
                    If you need to edit any of your account details(such as your address), click ‘Edit Registered Details’ on the top right hand side of the screen.
                    but wouldn't suprise me if that doesn't exist or work.
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

Well I take that back, I just tried it with my log in. Do it before logging into the particular claim.
                      Attached Files
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

It works.

Thanks

Comment

Marlevarse xxx
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Good afternoon,

I got update from them.

They have sent statements covering majority of the time

They also sent an offer letter asking me to withdraw the case while they await the other documentation.

Any hint at this stage?

Cheers

Comment

Hello All, Arrow was unable to give me a copy of the original agreement but have now provided a reconstituted agreement. They buttress this by quoting OFT guideline even quoting a 2009 high court decision stating that a true copy of an agreement does not need exact copy. Please help!

Comment

@{AMETHYST

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X