• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Need urgent help and advice please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need urgent help and advice please

We have travelled to Cyprus with Thompson airlines and they have left our luggage in Manchester and it has all my medication and all our belongings
    l have called them and the woman just hang up on me saying after 24 hours that is when we get compensation what about my health and the fact that we have no clothes or any toiletries until the shops open in the morning. Thompson have not been helpful at all.
    Does anyone know if l can sue them through the small claims county court
    please advise if you l appreciate it
    Tags: None

Re: Need urgent help and advice please

We have been in this situation and I do believe there is little one can do. They always advise that essential medications be placed in hand luggage or at least enough to get you through 24 hours. It is usual for them to ask you to wait this long before you can claim against your insurance.
    The hotel can provide the bare essentials and if necessary give you the details of a doctor who could prescribe the medication you need until the bags turn up. No excuse for them to be snotty on the phone -she should have explained the situation to you politely.
    If you have your travel insurance documents with you I would check them and as soon as the acceptable time is up I would get your replacements, see a doctor, keep all receipts then claim when you get back.
    Try not to let this ruin the rest of your holiday.

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
    ~ Anonymous

Comment

I feel disappointed that there is nothing l can do
      l don't think l will enjoy this holiday if the bag doesn't turn up
      l had to borrow my husband under clothing and bought an outfit this morning
      we cant afford to buy clothes so hopefully the bag comes in next few hours
      thank you for your response

Comment

Just called the airport and they are saying we won't get the luggage until tomorrow which is way over 24 hours
        so l guess l will have to take action when am back home then
        l am upset ��

Comment

I believe you are entitled to purchase, and claim, for essentials to make you more comfortable during the delay in getting your bags to you.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X