• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot Financial UK vs Me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabot Financial UK vs Me

Hello all,
    Im brand new here. Hoping you can help me?

I have had a DMP in place for a good few years. Last week I received a CCJ letter from Morton Clarke Solicitors for a debt that I understood to be part of the DMO. Upon further discussion, it turns out this debt was not included in the original DMP. I had received but letters re
    payment, but I haven't been very well, so I hadn't quite grasped the severity.

Anyway, I called both the solicitors and Cabot Financial and neither are very helpful. I am not denying that I owe this money, I am just asking to enter into a payment arrangement. Morton Clarke wouldn't allow the arrangement, and said they could offer me a 20% discount if I paid in full, and Cabot said it was too late as the debt had been sold on.

Ive followed your advice in the help section, and I have also contested the validly of Mortimer Clarke issuing CCJs on behalf ofCabot Financial (UK) as they are not licenced.

I just wondered if there is anything else I can do? I don't dispute owing the money, I just want the opportunity to pay in instalments.

Received a claim? Yes/No: Yes
    Issue Date: 14th Aug
    Have you Acknowledged the Claim?: Yes, asked for extended time
    Total Amount Claimed: £820.43 (£690.43 plus costs)
    Claimant’s Name: Cabot Financial (UK) Limited
    Solicitors Firm:Mortimer Clarke
    Original Creditor: Capital One
    Original Debt (eg. Credit card/Loan/Overdraft) :Credit Card
    Particulars of Claim: Please type out in full excluding names/account numbers:By an agreement between Capital One bank (Europe) PLC & the defendant on or around 16/07/2014 ('the agreement') capital one bank (Europe) PLC agreed to issue the defendent with a credit card. The defendant failed to make the minimum payment due & the agreement was terminated. The agreement was assigned to the claimant. The claimant therefore claims £690.43
    Is the debt Statute Barred (have you had any contact with the creditor or claimant over the last 6 years?): No
    List any letters you have sent (eg: CCA/ CPR ) CCA and CPR. Also emails re Cabot Financial services not having a licence.
    Any Other Information or Background Details:as above

Thankyou in advance
    Tags: None

Re: Cabot Financial UK vs Me

Tag [MENTION=87380]Diana M[/MENTION]

Comment

Hi

So you sent d a cca request with fee to the claimant as on the claim form.
      You send a cpr31. 14 request to the solicitor, all you can ask for is
      The agreement
      The termination notice
      The assignment (I would add to include the notice and deed of assignment)

I am a little confused that Cabot have said they can't deal with this as it has been sold on... Who to?

I would also send a SAR to capital one to get the accurate details of the default and termination.

I am afraid being in a DMP is no barrier to them issuing a claim

When you say you have acknowledged the claim, was that on MCOL

You also said you asked for e tended time-consuming you explain please. Is the extended time because you acknowledged or did you enter anything in the defence box or have you written to MC. Or was it something else

Comment

Hello
        Cabot are saying the debt has been passed to Mortimer Clarke. They are the ones who have started the CCJ process.

I acknowledged the claim online. I asked for extended time as I wanted to buy myself some breathing space. I really want to get an arrangement in place that isn't enforced by a CCJ.

Comment

How did you actually ask for the time?
          Was it on the acknowledgment of service
          Was it in a letter

Maybe you could tell us exactly what you said and asked for?

Are Cabot shown as the claimant?

Comment

Yes, on the acknowledgment of service. I ticked a box to ask for extra time to submit a defence.

Yes, Cabot Financial (UK) limited are shown as the claimant

Comment

Originally posted by MrsBudden View Post
              I have also contested the validly of Mortimer Clarke issuing CCJs on behalf ofCabot Financial (UK) as they are not licenced
              This is true.

Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd are not currently authorised/regulated by the FCA.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by MrsBudden View Post
                Yes, on the acknowledgment of service. I ticked a box to ask for extra time to submit a defence.

Yes, Cabot Financial (UK) limited are shown as the claimant
                Thanks. I just needed to establish you hadn't written anything in the defence box because some people do and it is taken as a defence.

Comment

Originally posted by warwick65 View Post
                  Thanks. I just needed to establish you hadn't written anything in the defence box because some people do and it is taken as a defence.
                  So I posted the letters today. I'll enter my defence, online, the day before I should. If I don't hear back by then I'll include this in the defence too.

Comment

Sorry to bother everyone again. Can I check if Inhabe requested extra time online, does this go from the date the CCJ was issued , or from the date I asked for the extension?

Comment

Hi
                      So once acknowledged the time is 33 days from date on the claim form.

Comment

Many Thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                        X