• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ebay/Transcom question.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay/Transcom question.

I am trying to help someone else out with an issue regarding unpaid seller fees due to Ebay. The matter got passed on to Transcom who sent out their usual letters etc..

What I want to know is does anyone have any idea if Transcom, or Ebay themselves maybe, might be receptive to a reduced full and final settlement offer on what is owed on the account? The person concerned isn't going to be using Ebay any more and would be perfectly happy for the account to be permanently closed.

The person concerned hasn't heard from Ebay or Transcom for a long time now. I did try telling them to just forget about it, but they would still rather have the matter resolved for peace of mind. The customer is always right, as they say...
    Tags: None

Re: Ebay/Transcom question.

Oh well, I will tell them to give it a go and try to help out with putting a letter together. I will also report back with any updates. Personally, I reckon that Ebay don't want to do things like this, as they would see it as permanently losing a customer. They would probably prefer to just leave the account with the balance owing, in the hope that the circumstances of the seller change and they ultimately pay the balance off. They might then sell on Ebay again in the future. Anyone else reckon the same on that front?

I digress here a little bit, but the same person owed paypal a few hundred quid and they did have a letter from an external debt collector that said they would take 75% of the balance as a reduced full and final settlement of the debt. I told them to phone up and see if they might take 50% instead, no harm in trying, but the debt collector said the debt had already been passed back to paypal. All of these companies are very quick off the mark to send out 'Hello' letters, from my personal experience, but they never seem to send out 'Goodbye' letters as far as I can remember. Once the debt is out of their hands, then they don't give the slightest hoot. Isn't that against the rules? It's only a courtesy letter they would need to send after all.

Anyhow, I told the person concerned not to ring paypal, as they would never get anywhere with the 'Gods Of The Universe', as I call them. They ignored me and phoned up anyway. Paypal said that the debt collector would have never offered a reduced full and final settlement on the debt. Funny that, as I saw the letter myself. :-0 They said that the full balance was still owing and no reduction on the balance due was available, not even a quid,

They also said that even if a 75% reduced full and final settlement 'had been' completed with the debt collector, then the remaining balance would have still been left owing regardless. They said that any credit file updates would have shown this. Ha ha ha. From personal experience, when a reduced full and final settlement is completed, then the debt does show £0 on the credit file, but with a 'Partially Settled' mark next left to it. Maybe it's worth phoning up paypal just for a good laugh every now and then. Unless I have lost the plot somewhere.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X