• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCL - Car Crash Line

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCL - Car Crash Line

I am starting this thread regarding the above company.
    I will post full details, but in briedf the story is as follows.

Had car crash (claim ongoing)
    Was provide car by CCL (who claim from OP insurance)
    Friday pm - car recieved
    Friday pm - problems with car
    Saturday am - car changed
    Sunday drve 10 miles
    Monday am - wife drove to work
    Monday pm - car brokedown - used 1/4 tank over 10 mile while kangeroo-ing
    Monday evening left message to cal me
    Tuesday am told them to collect car and not bother replacing - as they had failed to provide " road worth vehicles
    A week later got claim letter from them, to log accident details etc so they could claim - called and pointed out that they had nor provided a service and therefore no agreement now
    Nothing for a month
    Now get letter from them staing OPs insurance disputing liabilty.
    I am waiting for them to call this morning.

The initial question is that as they failed to provide me witha vehicle that was road worthy, they are still trying to claim costs from he OP.
    Is this not fraudulantly claiming?

I will post full details later,
    but if anyone wants to comment, feel free

P

Re: CCL - Car Crash Line

bump to remind myself, developments to add

Comment

OK Then
      The background as previously posted.

I recievedand agreement to sign, which I didn't due to the fact of the service provided.

I then recieved another copy and a request to sign the agreement.

I spoke to them and told them that i didnt think they had provided a service and therefore would not sign, noboy got back to me.

Then i got a letter from their claims dept asking me to give them accident details, so they can claim from the 3rd Party.
      I phoned them up and told them the same, they said that i had done so many miles and that they need to claim that.

I then sent the following letter to them:

Dear xxxxx

Before I can supply any further details regarding the incident, I need you to supply me with the following information
      • A copy of the signed Hire agreement,
      • Proof of the alleged mileage,
      • Breakdown of costs to which you are claiming from the 3rd party.
      Once I am in possession of these documents, I will check that everything is correct and I that agree with your cost breakdown.
      I will then forward the further details that you requested.
      Regards

Well i recieved the response yesterday and it amazed me.
      They had included 2 signed agreements by myself (remember i still have the unsigned copies at home).
      What they have done is used the electronic signature for when i signed for the delivery of the car, and put it onto a agreement.
      Their agreements also do not tally up with my originals, in that the first car has a delivery charge as well. On their fabricated docs, it is on the second car.

OK then, I think I should be speaking to Trading Standards at first, but who else? Any Insurance bodies ie I thibk this is insurance fraud.

Any Thoughts or Ideas

PKea

Comment

Who put you in touch with this company??
        Was it your own insurance company??
        If so I would write to them pointing out what CCL are doing....
        If you have legal protection on your car insurance then call them for advice.....
        CCL are part of the BVRLA the British Vehicle Rental and Leasing Association the recognised body in the industry....try them....
        Or try....The association of british insurers....fraud section......at.....
        http://www.abi.org.uk/Display/defaul...0&Child_ID=458
        Hope some of this helps pkea......
        Russ

Comment

Ok, I have een ignoring CCLs letters til I get my proper claim sorted.
          Yesterday I received a letter from them, saying
          If you dont send us the docs we require within 7 days, we will invoice you.

So today i will write to them saying that i beleive they have falsified 2no agreements and that i want a copy of their complaints procedure.

Not sure yet whether to phone them as well and tell them the same, and then back it up with a letter.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X