• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help ..me again . Tenant now 4k in arrears and trouble with EO

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Help ..me again . Tenant now 4k in arrears and trouble with EO

Yes CC , I have given the outcome to both housing officer and EO, but haven't heard anything so far.. They are under the watch of social services as well so not sure how that factors in.

I am assured they will be re-housed but due to the vast rent arrears they haven't made it easy for themselves that's for sure

Comment

UPDATE .. EO has buggered off...but not without a sting in the tail.

After emailing her the outcome of the court hearing I heard nothing until Friday.

She stated that she will check after the tenant has left to make sure if I re-let the property again the points raised in the report will still be put into force if I don't do them !!

In no uncertain terms I told her that after this very heavy handed approach I would never re-let the property again and is now being marketed by the agent and will never let to a HB tenant ever again ,

The thing that really annoys me is I know a family who live in a council flat and the state of their accommodation is dreadful and yet this EO went way beyond what I think is necessary.

My property was always kept up and all the problems came about through damage done by the tenant .

Still onwards and upwards

Comment

Hi

You probebly have a collage graduate with no life experience running the EA dept. Ow well, that part over, prepair for the tetant this next 2 weeks.
        crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

All is quiet on the tenant front...so far no appeals sent in so far but I believe calm before the storm and anticipate the worst.

The estate agent has said how nice the tenant is and to be fair she has always come across in the past as reasonable... but the outside influence is lurking in the background

I will let you know what happens next... watch this space , but one week down and 3 to go.

I'm surprised I haven't heard from the housing officer yet

Comment

Sometimes, a tenant will ask for more time ( over the eviction date ) whilst they sort another property. Play it by ear untill the last 10 days, if they havent sorted anyware they will get panicky by then.

But NEVER tell the council officer you will give the tenants more time. becuase soimetimes the council dont act to move the tenant untill there forced to
            crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

That is definite... I will not grant one day extra ...each day costs me even more money I can ill afford

Comment

Originally posted by bb41 View Post
                UPDATE .. EO has buggered off...but not without a sting in the tail.

She stated that she will check after the tenant has left to make sure if I re-let the property again the points raised in the report will still be put into force if I don't do them !!

In no uncertain terms I told her that after this very heavy handed approach I would never re-let the property again and is now being marketed by the agent
                I think you should ask (demand) that the Council withdraw the Improvement Notice the minute the Tenant vacates since it will no longer be relevant.

Have you checked with Land Registry to see if the Notice has been registered against the property since that may affect your sale because the purchaser would become the "duty holder"?

You can Appeal the Improvement Notice (it would be a late Appeal) but perhaps a threat to do that from your solicitor (at the conveyancing stage) would be enough to get the Council to withdraw it.

Perhaps hint that you would hold the Council financially responsible for the cost of any sale lost due to the Notice.

Once an Appeal is lodged the Notice should be suspended.

http://www.hse.gov.uk/enforce/enforc...als-appeal.htm

Di

Comment

thanks for that I will get onto the council straight away ... that is invaluable info ... thank you again

Comment

Originally posted by bb41 View Post
                    thanks for that I will get onto the council straight away ... that is invaluable info ... thank you again
                    Just for info, i did ask someone about the sockets being on the notice. Have only seen them in kitchens in notices, were theres not enough sockets but clearly enough load to add more, or in other rooms were there broken, or lead wires not trunked . I asked the sparky this weekend. He suggested asking the council officer

1. What load are the tenants using per room
                    2. will the ring for that part of the property take the extra Spurs ?

He said thats the assesment needed to be done before considering adding any load to a property, did the EA consider this before instructing you to get it done. Becuase a putting on the notice to add sockets, could actualy meen a rewire. The sparky said if it was one of ours.

But, the way [MENTION=87380]Diana M[/MENTION] suggested is the proper way, mine was only if the EA was still pushing,

I would play it by ear with the tenants end date, I 100% understadn how your feeling and want it over, but dont corner yourself into a fix positipon at the moment with the date. Extending could work in your favour for other reasons

Comment

I can't extend a date especially with the property being marketed but I suppose if I have to pay for a removal van I will if need be.

There are 2 double sockets in the main bedroom and 4 doubles in the kitchen so there was never any need for more it was at its max already without major works which I just couldn't afford .

I would urge anyone who was looking at a let for HB tenants to seriously consider when you want your property back as the law weighs heavily on a tenant even if they are seriously in arrears like mine are

I accept too many LL's take the Mickey but for such a shortage of social housing this has taken me out of that market and I expect many more are the same.

I know it's not over yet but that court hearing was a big hurdle .. I honestly believe the tenant wants to move and in their defence as well they are stuck with the council too

Comment

I haven't forgotten all of you good people , still no news from tenants but I have been sent a picture by the builders of a fair bit of damage which has been done to the garage ... It looks like a crowbar has been used to damage the frame.

Just a quick 2 question.. would there be any chance of applying to bailiffs now even though the eviction date is just under 2 weeks... The bailiff waiting list is 4 weeks
                        I noticed on the bailiff application the date for tenants would be in the future so would it be dismissed ?

Secondly the rent is due 23rd November and as I only get a small amount of HB does this cover the previous month or does it cover the next month .

The rent was paid on the date they moved in .

I must say the last 2 weeks has dragged and I'm sure the next 12 days will feel like months !!

Comment

Hi

Secondly the rent is due 23rd November and as I only get a small amount of HB does this cover the previous month or does it cover the next month .
                          Niether,, it covers the first none paid period of the arrears ( months ago )

Just a quick 2 question.. would there be any chance of applying to bailiffs now even though the eviction date is just under 2 weeks... The bailiff waiting list is 4 weeks
                          I noticed on the bailiff application the date for tenants would be in the future so would it be dismissed ?
                          Am not sure on the above

I must say the last 2 weeks has dragged and I'm sure the next 12 days will feel like months !!
                          Its not unusualy that tenats only start actin gin the last 2 weeks in thesed curcs

I haven't forgotten all of you good people , still no news from tenants but I have been sent a picture by the builders of a fair bit of damage which has been done to the garage ... It looks like a crowbar has been used to damage the frame.
                          Its realy only something you can assess fully at the end. maybe the housing officer would be a good person to tell, see if theyu can hurry things along

Comment

Thanks CC , I was going to contact the housing officer but I have notified them of everything so far and as yet not had a reply

Comment

In an eviction thats gone they way this has, its usualy this next 10 days that all the fightings done.

You have acted properly, a judge has considered there points ( if they responded ) and dismissed them, and they havent acted to try sort there situation. ( so dont feel bad in any way )

I need some adivce in relation to the current proper process around baillifs ( and the timeing ) before i can confidently answer the question about them..

Comment

You're a star CC, I owe you a very big virtual drink. I had notification that the HB has risen and have heard the partner has left from the builder who was working there...

Sadly too late for the tenant. Onwards and upwards, only another 10 days before I can confidently apply for bailiff

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X