• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Shoosmiths - Mortgage Shortfall

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shoosmiths

Thanks undine. Ive managed to find the Land Registry entry for thge sale and it was actually sold in April 2005. After that ive had no correspondence from anyone, including the solicitor who did my conveyancing. I have absolutely no knowledge that anything could have been or was amiss with the transaction all those years ago

Comment

If April 2005 was the sale date then the debt is Statute Barred,over 12 years have expired.If you want to contact Shoosmiths say no more than THE FACT I HAVE CONTACTED YOU DOES NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY ALLEGED DEBT. provide me with all documentation and payments made against this alleged debt. The choice is yours, personally I would not contact them

Comment

Ive also just noticed in their letter that they state the date of original agreement as April 2007? 2 years after i sold the house. Baffling!

Comment

Just out of curiosity the date is not the 17th april 2007? If this is the case it's probable the date that Arrow/Shoosmiths purchased the alleged debt.The reason I am interested in this is that I have also received the same Mortgage Shortfall Letter from this company,with the same date

Comment

Hi undine, yes it is exactly the same date as yours

Comment

I have already emailed them (yesterday) first disclaiming knowledge of the alleged debt, asking them for fully detailed information and a complete breakdown of payments,they hold regarding this alleged debt.I will keep you in the picture.Should they not reply I will send them a Subject Access Request which will cost £10 by recorded delivery

Comment

I called them to but it was a young lad i spoke with and he said he had sent this back to his client to ask for further information. He told me there had been a payment made toward the debt in 2012 so i asked him to check that as it certainly never came from me. I suspect this would have been arrow who have done this in an attempt to restart the clock to try and prevent it becoming statute barred. Chancers the lot of them.

Comment

Standard excuses sent back to their client and the fictional payment,it seems both of us will just wait until they produce proof,which I doubt they can do

Comment

Interesting you've both got the same letter... I wonder how many others have. Any chance either/both of you could do a pic of the letter ( exclude your personal details ) ? See just how much similarity there is. I expect you're right and Shoosmiths have just bought a bunch of out of date mortgage shortfall debt from whoever had the NRAM loan books, but if others have received the same, an image of the letter might help them find this thread and you can share experiences/support/ideas how to deal with it.
                    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Attached Files
                      Last edited by Amethyst; 30th August 2017, 08:06:AM.

Comment

Re: Shoosmiths - Mortgage Shortfall

The puzzling thing for me is that I sold my house without a hitch. The solicitor dealt fully with Northern Rock at the time and settled my Mortgage in full with the proceeds from the sale. How on earth after 12 years they can come to the conclusion there was a mortgage shortfall is beyond me. Ludicrous!

Comment

I can CONFIRM MY LETTER IS EXACTLY THE SAME I do not have the facility to transfer a copy of the letter.For sure it looks like Arrow /Shoosmith have purchased a number of out of date alleged debts.It is time some form of legal action should be taken against these Chancers

Comment

Hmmm so they aren't actually chasing for payment, just letting you know the move to be managed by shoosmiths ( although seems a likely precursor to start chasing you) Looks like it has been with arrow some time, well, since that 17/04/2007 date.
                            Worrying that others might receive similar, could be pretty damn scary if you're in a vulnerable situation suddenly getting a letter out of the blue saying you owe 10k to 20k !
                            Might be worth a Subject access request to NRAM ( Do they hold the northern rock documents now? [MENTION=551]pt2537[/MENTION] )to check everything went ok at the point of sale ( you should have received closing statements back then anyway)

http://www.shoosmiths.co.uk/services...tfall-757.aspx
                            Last edited by Amethyst; 29th August 2017, 18:49:PM.
                            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Shoosmiths are asking us to phone to set up a repayment plan,which at this stage is a polite approach,before they put their NASTY HAT ON,they are also hoping we will acknowledge the debt,NO WAY!!!!!

Comment

Pretty sure anyone would know if they'd had a £10-£20k odd mortgage shortfall.

I don't know if they would have details...

NRAM Ltd Redemptions Manager
                                NRAM Mortgage Operations
                                PO Box 629, Durham, DH1 9JJ

Telephone: 0330 159 9610
                                Fax: 0330 159 1977
                                or if they'd have the background paperwork for the SAR

If you wish to make a request for the information NRAM plc holds about you, please submit your request in writing to:

NRAM Subject Access Request Team
                                PO Box 625
                                Durham
                                DH1 9JJ

You will also need to send a £10.00 fee for your subject access request, which can be payable by cheque or postal order. Please make this payable to NRAM plc.
                                but I think I'd try get the background to this before contacting Shoosmiths - at least hold off till their next letter.

Or you could SAR Arrow Global - put I do not acknowledge any debt to your company at the top of any letters.

This address?

Arrow Global
                                PO Box 5469
                                Manchester
                                M61 0LW
                                United Kingdom
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X