• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Car trouble

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Car trouble

So a good garage then, it's just the sales people to keep clear of.

Just ask for further help if needed. You will probably get a lot more flack when the sales owner gets back but stick to your guns.

Comment

Yes definitely and thanks so much ��

Comment

hi

can I email the letter too or should it just be posted as I will have to wait until Monday to post. also should I include in the letter the specific problems etc. or just leave as it is
        Dear Sirs,

Ref car number xxxxxxx

This car has had some problems since I purchased it on the12th of June this year. The firstproblem began just 4 days after purchase and have continued. Because of this I consider that this vehicleis not of satisfactory quality nor fit for purpose. I am therefore rejectingit, as is my rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015. I expect the refund tobe received within 14 days, as provided for by Chapter 2 (20) (15) of thelegislation.

Yours.......

Comment

hi

can I email the letter too or should it just be posted as I will have to wait until Monday to post. also should I include in the letter the specific problems etc. or just leave as it is
          Dear Sirs,

Ref car number xxxxxxx

This car has had some problems since I purchased it on the 12th of June this year. The first problem began just 4 days after i purchased the car and the problem is still on going. Because of this I consider that this vehicleis not of satisfactory quality nor fit for purpose. I am therefore rejectingit, as is my rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015. I expect the refund tobe received within 14 days, as provided for by Chapter 2 (20) (15) of thelegislation.

Yours.......

Comment

hi

what are your views on my letter it was a template on a reputable site for consumer rights or should I just send the shorter one in the post further up

many thank

28/08/2017

Dear Sir or Madam,

REFERENCE: xxxxxxx motors-audi a4 sline

I purchased the audi a4 sline from xxx motors. At the point of purchase I paid £xxxx.

The audi a4 sline is unfit for purpose. purchased on the 12/06/17 and 4 days later it would not start. trader came out to try and fix the problem, eventually got the car started. problem still continued and then a couple of weeks later the car began to lose power. finally after the car went into the garage and as the mechanic suspected it was the injectors. official report which trader wanted to keep from me states that 2 injectors are in a very poor state and the other 2 are not the part that should be in my car. loom is broken too. trader is telling me only 1 injector needs replacing and the other 3 should be ok. The trader only wants to pay to replace one injector if I want the other 3 replacing I need to pay out of my own pocket. I have been without the car now since last Tuesday 22nd and its still in the garage, this has caused some inconvenience to me.

The Consumer Rights Act 2015 makes it an implied term of the contract I have with msp motors that goods be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality.

As you are in breach of contract and and I've owned the product for less than 6 years and a previous attempt at repair or replacement has also failed, I am within my statutory rights to ask for a refund of up to 100% of the original cost paid..

I await confirmation that you will provide the remedy set out above within 14 days of the date of this letter.

Yours faithfully,

Comment

I would modify that "less than 6 years" to "less than 6 months" as under 6 months they have to prove it wasn't faulty. Make clear there have been multiple attempts to repair. Forget the "up to 100% of" and add in "within 14 days as specified by Chapter 2 (20) (15) of the legislation". If you have been put to additional costs because of this you can claim those too.

Comment

thank you

how is this now does it seem ok?

Dear Sir or Madam,

REFERENCE: xxxxxxx motors-Audi a4 s line

I purchased the Audi a4 s line from xxx motors. At the pointof purchase, I paid £xxxx.

The Audi a4 s line is unfit for purpose. purchased on the12/06/17 and 4 days later it would not start. trader came out to try and fixthe problem, eventually got the car started. problem continued and then acouple of weeks later the car began to lose power. finally, after the car wentinto the garage and as the mechanic suspected it was the injectors. officialreport which trader wanted to keep from me states that 2 injectors are in avery poor state and the other 2 are not the part that should be in my car. loomis broken too. trader is telling me only 1 injector needs replacing and theother 3 should be ok. The trader only wants to pay to replace one injector if Iwant the other 3 replacing I need to pay out of my own pocket. I have beenwithout the car now since last Tuesday 22nd and it’s still in the garage, thishas caused some inconvenience to me as we had to cancel our camping holiday dueto start 29/08/17. The inconvenience ofgetting back and to work and personal circumstances surrounding my children.

The Consumer Rights Act 2015 makes it an implied term of thecontract I have with MSP motors that goods be as described, fit for purpose andof satisfactory quality.

As you are in breach of contract and I've owned the productfor less than 6 months and multiply attempts at repair or replacement has alsofailed Because of this I consider that this vehicle is not of satisfactoryquality nor fit for purpose. I am therefore rejecting it, as is my rights underthe Consumer Rights Act 2015. I expect the refund to be received within 14days, as provided for by Chapter 2 (20) (15) of the legislation.
                I await confirmation that you will provide the remedy setout above within 14 days of the date of this letter.

Yours faithfully,

Comment

"Within 14 days of receipt of this letter which is assumed to be 2 working days after posting"

Send it by post on Tuesday, get free proof of posting from a post office. It is therefore assumed that it will be received on Thursday. It helps create that paper trail.

You could also use email but I always have reservations about proving receipt of an email. There are so many things to go wrong between you and them. Indeed I remember accidentally deleting a clients mailbox on a mail server some years ago.

Comment

right its sent via email and a letter ready for post in the morning. what should I do if they try to phone me?

thanks

Comment

Just ask them when you will be receiving the money and then tell them that all further correspondence is to be by letter and you do not consent to further phone calls.

Comment

Hi
                        I have received a text this after noon from trader asking to make contact my husband sent a reply of my phone being flat and work being done (ideally would like car repaired but will go down the route of refund) I haven't called trader yet and he has sent another text at 23:00 pm.

Hi xxxxx
                        Please give me a call or send me a text when you are free to speak. Regards xxxx

Hello xxxxx, my phone is near flat and we are out at the moment. If your willing to pay for the said work to be carried out as advised by Scott then that's acceptable. (Four new injectors, loom, Labour). Regards xxxxn

Hi xxxxx,
                        Could you please give me a call or text me when you have charged the phone battery and in a position for me to call you,so as we can have a chat as to how we can progress this situation as quickly as possible.
                        Regards
                        Xxxx

Comment

Send a text asking for communication in writing setting out their offer and forbidding further contact by text. It goes to keep the paper trail intact. Bit cheeky sending a text at 23:00 ! Must be concerned.

Comment

Yes, I thought the same, concerned and a bit late for a text.
                            Thanks for reply ��

Comment

Hi

Waited all day to write this as I was waiting for final confirmation. Trader actually called at my house this morning I was in a right flap luckily my husband was there too. He began with wanting to fit two injectors then it went to four refurbished ones during this conversation (which I listened rather than spoke) I told him I had to cancel my camping holiday and had no car all week. I have just received a text all costs covered and new parts and labour supplied.
                              I should have my newly car fixed back tomorrow so a big thank you for all your advice and support �� x

- - - Updated - - -

Can I make a donation?

Comment

Originally posted by fishfood1 View Post
                                Hi

Waited all day to write this as I was waiting for final confirmation. Trader actually called at my house this morning I was in a right flap luckily my husband was there too. He began with wanting to fit two injectors then it went to four refurbished ones during this conversation (which I listened rather than spoke) I told him I had to cancel my camping holiday and had no car all week. I have just received a text all costs covered and new parts and labour supplied.
                                I should have my newly car fixed back tomorrow so a big thank you for all your advice and support �� x

- - - Updated - - -

Can I make a donation?
                                I don't know if you can donate to this site, but if not perhaps a charity donation of your choice. Keep the good karma going
                                COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X