• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking ticket Aldi /Iceland Cambridge.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking ticket Aldi /Iceland Cambridge.

I have just a got a parking charge notice from parking for teh usual £75 for being over one and a half hours in the bay. There are pictures of the car entering and leaving the site. Yes we were ther and yes the car was parked for longer than an hour and a half. I honestly didn't see the notices. I had two disabled people with me and the months shopping took longer expected. We were unable to use the disabled driver parking spaces as they were all full.
    what is my next course of action . the money is findable but any advantage of shopping at these stores has been wiped out . The ticket arrived thursday.
    Tags: None

Re: Parking ticket Aldi /Iceland Cambridge.

From when you parked till when you received the notice (not the date it was sent) was it more than 14 days?

Have you tried going into the store with proof of purchase, could be receipts, bank statements etc, taking in both blue badges and contact the manager in the store. Tell him that they are expected to make allowances for people with disabilities, and that includes extra time to shop.

Comment

I've put together the following.

Addressetc

today’s date
      Dear Sirs,
      ref Parking incident 16/08/17
      your ref. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Dear Sirs,

I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals procedure. The driver Parked at Aldi and Iceland shared carpark on 16/08/2107.
      The Driver was with two disabled passengers and they were legitimate customers of both the retailers on site. So further time should be allowed for shopping because their restricted movement.
      See attached screenshots of bank statements to prove legitimate transactions. The driver displayed a blue badge No. XXXXXXXX although the vehicle was not parked in the blue badge users bay as these were all full at the time of the visit.
      The driver also did not see the signs

I note that the notice to keeper is fundamentally flawed when compared to the protection of freedoms act 2012 schedule 4 paragraph 9.

Should you reject my appeal, please supply a popla code.

Yours sincerely

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Do we appeal first and pay if we lose or pay and then appeal. I would hope the former as the payment admits guilt.

Comment

BUMP

Comment

You were asked about the dates, it was suggested you approach the shops. Have you done that?

What was the fundamental flaw?

Comment

The letter arrived on the 22nd the parking occurred on the 16th. I have no idea what the fundamental flaw was this just taken from the site here. I approached Iceland they were unable to help and unsympathetic . I could try Aldi tomorrow .

Comment

So you can not define the "fundamental flaw" which will not go down well. Best not to copy stuff without understanding.

OK so it got to you within the 14 days required. Try Aldi management where you were and if that fails then you complain to aldi head office, with proof that you paid

Send that letter with a copy of the invoices

Comment

Spoke to Aldi customer service,who said they will handle the appeal. So have sent then the appeal letter with relevant codes. A cc has been sent to parking eye. Aldi say they can't cancel the ticket only handle the appeal.

Comment

WON just got an email to say the charge is cancelled. Thanks to you and to aldis staff.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X