• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

New faulty PC has 60 days missing from warrenty

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New faulty PC has 60 days missing from warrenty

I received for a birthday recently ,a new Lenovo desktop pc .My partner got it from her catalogue Studio for around £500 .After 4 weeks of use the pc started crashing and after 6 weeks is a pain to use. I contacted the on-line chat diagnostics page of Lenovo to be told they do not offer this service to my pc. I did the free check your pc thing on there site to identify my pc and it told me that I only have 240 days warranty left ,when in fact as it comes with a years free warranty...so it should have 300 days at least left as I have only had it 2 months. My partner rang Studio to be told we must contact Lenovo...She asked if we could just swap the pc power box for a new one with a years warranty and they said no contact Lenovo. We do not want to have to contact Lenovo and feel Studio has to deal with us? Please advise
    Tags: None

Re: New faulty PC has 60 days missing from warrenty

You should be contacting Studio. They sold it, they are responsible. As it's more than 30 days you need to give them a chance to repair it.

However!!! Has you computer updated to the latest update of windows 10? That seems to be killing a few machines. Use the System Restore application to take your computer back to the state it was in a few weeks ago and see if that helps. If that fails can you you recover your computer to the original, fresh from the factory, state? It often helps. Save your data first.

Comment

Well, forget about the warranty (which should be in addition to your statutory rights) and concentrate on the Consumer Rights Act 2015.

Under that act goods sold by a trader to a consumer have to be of satisfactory quality, and that includes durability.
      This item is evidently not.
      As you are now after the first 30 days following purchase you have
      (b)
      the right to repair or replacement (section 23); and

(c)
      the right to a price reduction or the final right to reject (sections 20 and 24).

Your wife (as purchaser the contract is with her) should WRITE, signed for, to Studio telling them you expect them either to repair/replace the item, or failing that she is rejecting the item
      and requires a full refund, as per rights under Consumer Rights Act 2015

Any costs involved (eg postage) are the responsibility of the trader

Give them a time limit of say 14 days in which to comply before she takes further action.
      Last edited by des8; 25th August 2017, 16:31:PM. Reason: crossed with Ostell ..slow fingers & slower brain1

Comment

S75 CCA refund?
        Chargeback?
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X