Thread: CCJ for Car Accident

• Display

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Default CCJ for Car Accident

Hello,

Wonder if someone could advise. I recently applied for a mortgage and to my surprise a CCJ has appeared on my Credit Report (really surprised as it has not been picked up by Experian).

The CCJ is listed as satisfied and after a little research it appears to be in regards to a car crash I had a few years back. The money was paid out by the insurance company but this occurred late and I have been given the CCJ. The correspondence for this went to an address that I no longer lived at.

I have in writing now a letter from the Insurance company confirming that it was them who made the payment.

I wanted to know how I'd go about getting this set aside - I assume via a N244 form. If I include a letter from both my insurance company and the solicitors who raised the claim saying they are happy for this to be set aside as it was my insurance companies liability do you think I will be successful?

Any help or feedback would be really welcomed.

Thanks

VIP Member

Mentions
    5 Post(s)

Default Re: CCJ for Car Accident

Hi

Yes, if both parties agree to the judgement being set aside then the application should be successful.
    My posts on this forum are offered based on my experience dealing with a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training and if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact the CAB. If you follow anything I write on this forum you do so at your own risk and I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other out comes.