• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

*** DISCONTINUED *** Court Claim - Lowell / Vanquis - 18-8-2017

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Court Claim - Lowell / Vanquis - 18-8-2017

well done

Comment

Originally posted by Hamdam View Post
      Today I received a notice of discontinuance submitted to the court by llowells ...I hope that means this is over ?
      Yes it does

Well Done You!

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Hamdam View Post
        I submitted my witness statement to the court 2 days ago by hand.
        Today I received a notice of discontinuance submitted to the court by llowells ...I hope that means this is over ?
        Ah ha Congratulations Yes that should be the end of it now.

Great news actually considering this...
        They have send a copy of the agreement and a 'digital signature application ' copy
        I'll mark your thread as Discontinued xxxxx
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Just want to thank everyone on this forum the moral support has been as valuable as the legal advice so good to know there is a community that cares enough to share their time experience and knowledge restores my faith in humanity. Thank you .

Comment

Re: *** DISCONTINUED *** Court Claim - Lowell / Vanquis - 18-8-2017

Excellent news - I'm glad for you.

Question on the Discontinuance... could this debt be brought for a claim against the defendant again in the future?

Comment

The debt is still owed just can't be perused through the courts so pretty much gone, done and dusted and the statute barred time continues as if the claim was never made.

Comment

Originally posted by justiceforall View Post
                Question on the Discontinuance... could this debt be brought for a claim against the defendant again in the future?
                Since the OP has already filled their Defence the debt owner (or any subsequent assignee) cannot issue a new claim based on the same or substantially the same facts, including any legal arguments pleaded in the OP’s Defence which were not in the POC, without making an Application to the court for permission which they’re unlikely to get.

If the OP hadn’t filed a Defence then the debt owner could re-issue.

Di

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X