• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Possible letter before action from Restons

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Possible letter before action from Restons

It's just I have exact amount on the debt and dates to go with it , just concerned this could be matched.

Comment

[MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] can something be done. Maybe an edit of earlier posts.

Comment

Hi everyone, I have received reply's from Restons today, they have sent a reconstituted copy of the electronic Credit Agreement, original terms and conditions embodied within the Credit Agreement, latest applicable Terms and Conditions to the account prior to it being terminated. I think this card was taken out online so I am assuming they won't need any wet signature.

They do go on to mention that further documentation is still awaited from our Client in order to resolve the issues in dispute, in the meantime I may wish to consider withdrawing my defence or putting forward settlement proposals e.t.c

I got a separate letter dated the same from Restons offering a settlement of about 1200 less than what I owe, which is only valid till December 4th. I am wondering what other documentation is still being awaited, I am assuming this would be in relation to my asking for the legal assignment and how I was served the assignment.

Is it common practice for them to offer a settlement prior to court, I guess they would rather settle out of court. I have not long got the letters and need to go through what they have sent me, none of it seems like it's the original agreement..? Thanks.
        Last edited by Amethyst; 24th November 2017, 07:54:AM.

Comment

Hi again.
          To be honest it is hard to read anything in to the way Restons act, if I tried it I would go slightly mad, OK madder

Did you ever get legal advice, I know you said [MENTION=87380]Diana M[/MENTION] had been helpful

I wouldn't want to confuse the issue

Comment

Hi, is anyone still about for this thread? I have some new information, all has been quiet on the front until today they I received a huge chunk of letters containing all the statements of my account, notice of sum in arrears, SCREENSHOT from the original creditor's case management system confirming that a a default notice was issued, correspondence issued on behalf of the original creditor notifying me that the account had been assigned, proof of correspondence issued by the Claimant in which the S78 consumer credit act request was compiled with. They say they believe the enclosed documents, along with the documents served on me since the last post are sufficient to prove my knowledge and use of the account.

They say this is my final opportunity to withdraw my defence before an application is made to lift the stay and to strike out the defence and to enter judgment, am I missing something here they can just apply to strike out the defence without a hearing on my part, I need to know what to do and if this is just the same old BS. Thanks everyone, restons do not give up !!

Comment

Amethyst

Comment

Thinking I might get some help with this you know, professional....I hear good things about Joanna Solicitors

Comment

1st things 1st!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                  See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                  X