• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Solicitors Fee demanding payment within 7 days.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solicitors Fee demanding payment within 7 days.

Hi, Can anyone provide some advice on what my rights would be.
    I have received a letter from a solicitor asking for payment for there fee. My previous employer in 2014 asked his friend who was a solicitor to help me with my mortgage company as I was being taken to court for repossession. The Solicitor attended court with me although I did not go into court he arranged a payment agreement with my mortgage company to stop repossession, and I agreed the payments and since then I have kept up my payments and no longer in any arrears. So my old boss told me that it would not cost me anything, he would see to this for me. After 3 long years last Sat I got a bill for the cost £240.00 and asking me to pay this in 7 days. I responded to them by email telling them that I was puzzled to get an invoice after this length of time and told them to redirect the invoice to my previous boss. Yesterday I got a quick reply via email telling me to pay up. What is my next course of action as they told me yesterday a previous requested was sent in June to me. I never received the letter and now they simply want me to pay in 7 days or they will take me to court. I never knew that this would cost me as no costs or undertaking was agree to their service and I never signed anything. What is my next step as I have until this Friday to pay. Yet I never knew I would be passed a cost at the time or agreed as my old boss said this was taken care of?
    Tags: None

Re: Solicitors Fee demanding payment within 7 days.

Originally posted by mossip View Post
    Hi, Can anyone provide some advice on what my rights would be.
    I have received a letter from a solicitor asking for payment for there fee. My previous employer in 2014 asked his friend who was a solicitor to help me with my mortgage company as I was being taken to court for repossession. The Solicitor attended court with me although I did not go into court he arranged a payment agreement with my mortgage company to stop repossession, and I agreed the payments and since then I have kept up my payments and no longer in any arrears. So my old boss told me that it would not cost me anything, he would see to this for me. After 3 long years last Sat I got a bill for the cost £240.00 and asking me to pay this in 7 days. I responded to them by email telling them that I was puzzled to get an invoice after this length of time and told them to redirect the invoice to my previous boss. Yesterday I got a quick reply via email telling me to pay up. What is my next course of action as they told me yesterday a previous requested was sent in June to me. I never received the letter and now they simply want me to pay in 7 days or they will take me to court. I never knew that this would cost me as no costs or undertaking was agree to their service and I never signed anything. What is my next step as I have until this Friday to pay. Yet I never knew I would be passed a cost at the time or agreed as my old boss said this was taken care of?
    Hello,

Are you able to post up the letter or invoice or email that you've been sent? make sure to redact your personal info.

Do you know if this person works in a solicitors firm or does he work for a company? You can find out by going to http://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/?Pro=True and clicking on the "person" radio button then searching his name.

Did you get an engagement letter from the solicitor explaining all the terms and conditions as well as other information like their indemnity insurance information or the right to exercise his (or the firms) complaints process?
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Re: Solicitors Fee demanding payment within 7 days.

Hi,

Thank you for the response I will check the link.
      I did not get an engagement letter from the solicitor I will block out the personal info and upload the letter later when I get home from work.

I appreciate you looking into this for me.

Thank you.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X