• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Restons Solicitors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Restons Solicitors

That is a fairly standard letter from Restons. The problem is if you reply saying you do not have xyz they can 'reconstitute' any old crap in the hope you won't know any better.

You have sent the cca request off so that's good. Try not to worry about the letter.

The only thing Warrington is well known for is a nice pint of mild and an inferior vodka

Comment

So should I just ignore it until I hear from Capquest?

Vodka sounds good!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Buttons1968 View Post
        So should I just ignore it until I hear from Capquest?

Vodka sounds good!!!
        I would wait until your cca request comes back.

You may have said but when was the account opened and roughly how much is owed.

As for the Vodka, I like good stuff not-why do you think I keep going to ���� and ���� with empty suitcases.

Comment

The amount owing is £657.58 but I don't know anymore. I'm not denying that I have ever had a Capital One card way back when, but I wasn't aware of anything outstanding, I have had no communication since living where I am now, which was March 2013. Nothing is showing on my Credit File either...not sure if this makes a difference?

Comment

So....last week I received another letter from Restons, pretty much the same as the 1st letter. I haven't uploaded it cos I thought I'd wait to hear from Capquest. Today I had a letter from Capuest with a copy of the credit agreement. As I said before I've never denied having a card way back when. The agreement is dated 25.10.2002. But it still doesn't show how I owe £657? It does give me the option to phone them to discuss but I didn't want to do anything without any advice?

Comment

post up copy of agreement minus personal detail and account numbers, they might send a copy but is it a true copy of a 2002 agreement with all the necessary regulated details within? peeps can then comment etc

Comment

I think I've attached it!
                Attached Files

Comment

Ah! the old Capital One whereby terms and condition not present at inception see what the other say?
                  [MENTION=87380]Diana M[/MENTION]

Comment

Is that all they have sent?
                    T&Cs?
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                    gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

This is the covering letter. It does say recorded delivery at the too but it didn't come recorded.

- - - Updated - - -

That was on the back of the agreement. That's it
                      Attached Files

Comment

that was printed on the back of the agreement??? does it state default charges of say £25

difficult to read on side PDF it

Comment

That took some doing on my phone
                          Attached Files

Comment

well that looks like just an up to date T&Cs not original, and incomplete, as known the original T&Cs would arrive with the card from Crap One, as those short applicatioin forms were fold over and no room for actual terms etc

sure any update on these will be made by others so see what they say?

Comment

So could/should I write back requesting further info? Nowhere does it state how the balance is owing nor when I last had any contact?

Comment

no - leave for now await responses on here never tell them their faults if any, up to them to get it right

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X